tonytone is offline Anabolic Member

extreme pain in R quad

So I got to the gym yesterday to do legs. I stretched properly and began with some warm-up squats. On my first set I did 8 reps with slight little pain in my R quad, near usual injection site, but not right where I usually shoot. I don't really think anything of it, and decide to work it out and hope the pain subsides. I add 20 lbs and did 1 rep w a little more pain, keep going, on my 2nd rep i go down, and just as i start to push up I hear a "pop" right where the pain was (It must have been loud because i easily heard it even with headphones on). As soon as i heard the pop the pain went from kind of bad to SEVERE pain, felt like someone stabbed me with a knife. My first thought was "i'm not going to get this up, it hurts too bad", I was going to dump the bar behind me but found the strength to get it up (I did not want to dump that weight and make a scene in front of the whole weight room). I racked the weight, stretched it out, and decided that I could not do legs. Now, going from sitting to standing and vice-versa hurts bad in the exact spot. Getting off the crapper is the worst. I rode the bike today trying to work it out a little, but can still feel the pain. any idea what happened? This is driving me nuts because i can't workout my legs until this goes away.

BUMP.....ideas???????? come on

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Where is the pain located exactly?

It's on the vastus lateralis, I would say about 5in up from patella...I would estimate the pain is occupies a good square inch or so.....still bothering me a lot today

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    well it must be coming from a joint if you heard a pop, but the only joints you have in the lower body close to that are at your hips and knees. so if the pain isnt coming from there then im stumped?

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    well it must be coming from a joint if you heard a pop, but the only joints you have in the lower body close to that are at your hips and knees. so if the pain isnt coming from there then im stumped?
    Yeah, that's why this is so wierd. If there was no "pop" and the painful area wasn't so small, I would just let it rest for a week or so (doing cardio to keep it loose) and then start hitting legs again...but the whole thing is freaking me out. I talked to a few of my A&P type profs, and they could not explain it, so i thought people with real weight training experience might know the deal...Guess i'll just keep riding the bike, stretching, and hope it fades away.

Thread Information