yaston2003 is offline Junior Member

cardio morning question?

I know doing cardio on a empty stomach in the morning is the best kind of cardio for fat loss. If time does not permit you to do cardio in the morning what is the second best time to do it? On a empty stomach 2 hours before you go to sleep? Any advice is very much appreicated.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Anytime after a 6 hour fast. . .
    or 3 hours after a pro/fat meal. . .
    or after weights. . .

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    IMO doing interval training on the treadmill on not on an empty stomach. A lot of the best strength coaches in the world believe that interval training is better to burn fat and it does NOT have to be an empty stomach, I would say after a pro/fat meal also.

-SHRED

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    true high intensity for 20 minutes can depelete much of your carbs thus if you fallow it w/ 40min of moderate cardio you can induce some nice lipolysis.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    true high intensity for 20 minutes can depelete much of your carbs thus if you fallow it w/ 40min of moderate cardio you can induce some nice lipolysis.
    really? I didnt know that.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    or after weights. . .
    Want this compromise your strength gains?

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    So many studies have been done on so many things, i say try and see what ever works best for you.

I do my cardio right after my workouts, my goal is not to get big just too be in shape and look good.

After a good 2 weeks of weight training in the morning and 30-45 minutes of cardio i can say that its working very well.

I eat my last meal at around 10pm and eat the next morning around 9am after the gym.

Love handles and gut has gone down without any muscle loss.

I do eat 180g of protein a day and did reduce sugar and high glycemic in my diet too.

Good luck.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i Have done it after weight session and amazingly it didnt kill my gains. Course, it was 20min high intensity intervals or moderate intensity for 30 mins.

Doing 20min intervals and then 40 minutes of moderate might be a bit catabolic. I like 20min intervals with 10-20mins extra moderat pace.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    So many studies have been done on so many things, i say try and see what ever works best for you.

I do my cardio right after my workouts, my goal is not to get big just too be in shape and look good.

After a good 2 weeks of weight training in the morning and 30-45 minutes of cardio i can say that its working very well.

I eat my last meal at around 10pm and eat the next morning around 9am after the gym.

Love handles and gut has gone down without any muscle loss.

I do eat 180g of protein a day and did reduce sugar and high glycemic in my diet too.

Good luck.
    I think you will find as you continue to become more addicted to training you will make several changes to your programs.

1.) Working out on empty isn't highly regarded as an effective method for any goal.

In all honestly what your program sounds like is something simliar to what I did when I first started out. I wanted to lose 'weight' per say but the problem is that once I kept on with this even with 'perfect' diet I ended up looking like those Linday Lohan pics. Waay too thin with no real muscle gains.

2.) It's a lot harder to get big than alot of people think but if you are cutting you may want to consider a method that is slower yes, but will preserve all LBM while cutting or since you are so new, might spark some new growth as well. That growth won't make you 'big' but it will enhance your physique.

For the most part-- it's not possible to preseve all of your LBM if you workout in the AM on E. I think it feels that way b/c you have been working out for such a short period of time.

3.) I'm a big fan of splitting my cardio and training sessions.

Since I'm a believer in PWO nutrition, it doesn't make sense to me to do cardio when my body is in a VERY anabolic state begging for proper nutrition. Being that you are already in a very glycogen depleted state from fasting, delaying your PWO nutrition will only further cause you to catabolize lean tissue and become 'skinny'.

I hear alot of people say "Yeah well I'd like to do that, but my schedule simply does not permit it". Well I used to feel that way also until I realized that I needed to do whatever was best for my body and I made time with a family and stressful career.
    Last edited by Cry0smate; 05-15-2005 at 11:56 AM.

clhp20 is offline Member

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I would have to say.. Do cardio on days that you dont train muscles!

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    IMO doing interval training on the treadmill on not on an empty stomach. A lot of the best strength coaches in the world believe that interval training is better to burn fat and it does NOT have to be an empty stomach, I would say after a pro/fat meal also.

-SHRED
    I agree with this, it's suppose to increase your metabolism for the day. Never tried it but will in the future

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred

-SHRED

whassup man, umm, what exactly is interval training?

I tried doing a set of back and then brisk treadmill for 3 minutes then a set of back then brisk treadmill for 3 minutes in total I would knock off about 10 sets of back and over 45minutes in cardio all in one go.

THAt WAS TOUGH.... is that what you mean?

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I think he's referring to interval cardio. Sort of like HIIT I believe?

Thread Information