yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up Cardio 5 times a week up to an hour a time

Hi guys i went to see a new physio that i hope is gonna be able to get me rid of my lower back pain.

Now he stopped me from doing lots of power moves and lower back work since he thinks i have something that needs to be reajusted.

I am weight training now 5 times week working each body part once, and doing some type of nordic track machine for cardio.

Since i like that machine pertty much and it doesn't cause any pain i do it for an hour 5 times a week after weight training.

There is a fat burning zone meter on the machine and i am on it all the time, its low intensity and i burned 500 to 600 cals for one hour of training.

My main goal since i am 33 years old is to lose 20 pounds and get down from 205 to 185.

I have made huge changes in my diet also, since i am lactose intolerent i cut out all dairy products, i add to cut out sugar has well cause it gave me bloating and gas YUKE.

If everything goes well i should lose the 20 pounds in around 2-3 months.

I still eat around 180g of protein a day i got some ON whey protein, eggs, chicken and soy protein to fill in the need.

I add to stop ephedrine cause it gives me huge stomach upset.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing wrong with that much cardio IMO; perhaps get a heart rate monitor to stay in your target heart rate zone! I am doing 4-5 times a week 45 min and loving it.

Well the cardio machine has one on it that is pertty accurat, cool great to ear that. Thanks needmorestrength

Silverbackgorilla is offline Junior Member
    Personally I would do the cardio in the am before you eat..

I dont think your working out hard enough if you can do 1 hour of cardio after a workout..When I am done lifting, I can barely do 10 minutes..

I do cardio 4 times a week.. 45-60mins in the am, before eating.. then I lift later that night.. 5 times week Works great to me

Oh yes same here.. Sorry never noticed the "after training" part!

Sorry for not training hard enought guys, i gotta explain a bit why, i am in back pain rehab right now, so i can't go crazy with heavy weights. I am currently seeing a new physio after lot of time wasted with other useless morons ( sorry but they really didn't give me a right diagnostic and kept me away from the gym for nothing).

My purpose has i said is not to get big anymore, at 5 feet 10 , i don't wanna be 205 pounds anymore, i rather be down to a cut up 185 pounds.

I will stick to this plan for a while and see how it works.

Wanna thank you all for the advise again and lets hope for the best that i can rehab this damn injury and get back in training and martial arts soon.

no no bud.. But you should be doing your cardio in the morning on an EMPTY stomache!! Much much better results

Don't worry i train on an empty stomach every morning spliting my muscles on 5 days, day 1 chest day 2 back day3 shoulders, day 4 biceps triceps and day 5 legs.

After my short training i do around 45 minutes of cardio, i train at 6:30am each morning and wait an hour before i eat anything.

This weekend i will work on my diet and eating 6 small meals a day to avoid getting hungry all the time.

I can't use ephedrine anymore neither cafeine cause it gives me heart burns SUCKS

Silverbackgorilla is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    Don't worry i train on an empty stomach every morning spliting my muscles on 5 days, day 1 chest day 2 back day3 shoulders, day 4 biceps triceps and day 5 legs.

After my short training i do around 45 minutes of cardio, i train at 6:30am each morning and wait an hour before i eat anything.

This weekend i will work on my diet and eating 6 small meals a day to avoid getting hungry all the time.

I can't use ephedrine anymore neither cafeine cause it gives me heart burns SUCKS
    Maybe I am reading this wrong.. Are you saying you train with weights on an empty stomach and then do cardio after that ? That is not good bro, you need some kind of food and nutrients in your body before you train with weight..

Cardio on the other hand, you should do on an empty stomach..

alphaman is offline Member
    I would only do it this way if you have no other time to train/cardio. Make sure you eat a pro/fat meal preworkout, and get your PWO after cardio.

About your back, I got a bulge in my L5 vertabrae, and I went to a chiropractor, and I asked him if I should stretch, or do yoga and he said no, that it wouldn't do anything. Well, I listened to him and he helped me out a bit, still had a little pain, and then I moved outta state, and stopped seeing him, and my back got as bad as ever. I didn't have a chiro here and I started doing some yoga, and my back hasn't felt better since b4 I hurt it. Virtually no pain! I'm doing deadlifts again.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i do 20min interval training before i eat, wait a half hour eat a pro fat meal 6 times a week. it works nice and i still make strenght gains.

Yes i still do yoga but i just cutted out the position that he told me too, i hate chiro they are morons, i saw 2 of them that got me worst.

clhp20 is offline Member
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...18#post1819518 for those who think cardio before workouts

I said cardio AFTER training, if no other time is available.

Thread Information