BarBell'd is offline New Member

PCT workout adjustment?

Any advice or thoughts on a poosible need for changing up workout routine for PCT after 10 week Test/EQ cycle?

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    yes, IMO PCT training and on cycle should be different, I tend to do strict compound movements, ie bench press, military presses, squats,deads, bent over rows..no bicep curls or tricep extensions or any of that pretty shit, I also like to go only 3 dys per week as over training and catabolism is a huge concern for these weeks following a cycle, if you worry about your biceps DONT because you will hit them w/ the bent rows and triceps w/ bench press and military presses, only compound movements, no drop sets stay in the 6-8 rep range...more or less good powerlifting excercises for this time.

Thanks

So....in a way...you are saying less is more at this point. Makes good sense. Would you stay with this for the standard 3 week pct, or what?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarBell'd
    Any advice or thoughts on a poosible need for changing up workout routine for PCT after 10 week Test/EQ cycle?
    ya keep it heavy, i tried the take it easy approach after a cycle and i lost more than when i kept it heavy and tried to keep the same weight for the same reps. From my experience if your PCT is in check than this shouldnt be a problem, you will loose strength and size, this is inevitable but can be reduced with proper PCT and intense heavy trainig through it, it worked for me!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-14-2005 at 12:57 PM.

Cool....

I appreciate the info from you guys and will put it to good use.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    ya keep it heavy, i tried the take it easy approach after a cycle and i lost more than when i kept it heavy and tried to keep the same weight for the same reps. From my experience if your PCT is in check than this shouldnt be a problem, you will loose strength and size, this is inevitable but can be reduced with proper PCT and intense heavy trainig through it, it worked for me!
    I too would keep it heavy, thus the number of reps at 6ish, but as for the statement that you will lose size and strength, I disagree, if PCT is in check and I mean really in check ie supps,cals sleep etc, it is possible to only lose water, take it from me, just ran a PCT and lost only a little strength not size, a little water but as far as my stats went, I started the last run around 210 finished 227 and four weeks into PCT I was at 225 and less puffy. I upped my calories and made sure they where good cals not empty cals and started a very strict supplement regime.

Thread Information