Legions 9 is offline New Member

Workout Schedule

Hello. I was just wondering what body parts I should work out together? I mean, should I work my Back with my Biceps? I was thinking of doing something like this:

Day 1: Back - Delts - Triceps - Abs
    Day 2: Hams - Abs - Calves
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: Chest - Biceps - Abs - Traps
    Day 5: Quads - Abs - Calves
    Day 6: OFF
    Day 7: Repeat

I noticed alot of people work their Back with their Biceps and their Chest with their Triceps. IMO, this would be over working the arms. Anytime you work the back, you're working the biceps. So, working both Back & Biceps on the same day will be over training them. Same with the Chest. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this schedule? Or does it look alright the way it is?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    i work

chest/tris/front & lat delts
    upper&midback/traps/rear delts/bis
    lowerback/leggs

those 3 groups

it is not at all overtraining. you dont have to do 20 sets on arms. 3-5 sets is enough if you are training well in chest and back. I do about 4-5 exersizes total per workout.

base it on the cores. chest day is based around bench presses, jm presses, plate raises, rack lockouts..back day is based on cleans, rows, chins, hammers, leg day is based on squats, deads, good mornings...

Well, I like to do about 2 to 3 seperate excersizes per body part. With the Triceps & Biceps, I only do 3 sets of 6 - 8 Reps of heavy weight. I increase the weight per set and do maybe 2 or 3 excersizes. This is my Bicep plan:

Standing Barbell Curl 3 x 8 - 12
    Barbell Preacher Curl 3 x 6 - 10
    Dumbbell Concentration Curl 3 x 8 - 12

I increase the weight with each set. I can't do these work outs and then work out my Back in the same day. It will be over training my Biceps. I hit the Back & Chest really hard. I read alot of articals about how biceps are a bunch of little muscles and need time to heal and that the Back & Chest are one big muscle so you can work alot harder.

Safety31 is offline Banned
    dude u dont even workout..everyone on here has read your other posts so just leave the site before you piss anyone else off

harl is offline Associate Member
    I do 1 or 2 body parts a day.
    example:
    monday- legs
    tues- chest
    wed-back
    thursday- sholders/traps
    friday- arms
    sat-abs
    sun-off

or I will do

monday- legs
    tues-chest/tris
    wed-off
    thurs-back-bi's
    friday-sholders/traps
    sat-abs/card
    sun-off

ive seen your other post....hopefully your going to turn over a new leaf.

alphaman is offline Member
    Back/ bi's , Chest/tri's or Push/ Pull is better IMO. When you work opposing muscle groups, ie- Chest/ biceps, back/tris, you have more of a chance to overtrain the muscle. The reason is- when you press, you use your chest and tris, when you pull, you use your back and bis. You might as well finish those muscles off in that training session, so they can get fuul recovery b4 you work them again. (In other words, if you work chest biceps, and then you go work back a day or two later, you're working your bis again and they're not getting proper recovery.) It can also be argued that your back/chest won't get a proper work out, because your intensity will be automatically lower, beacuse your bis/tris aren't recovered.

speak is offline Associate Member
    I try to take a day off after anything upper for recovery.

Mon - chest/tri's
    Tues - legs/(maybe adding lower back )
    Wed - shoulders/traps/abs
    Thur - off
    Friday - Back/bi's
    Sat - cardio
    Sun - off

Alphaman, thanks for your input. It's nice that you actually have an opion w/o talking sh*t. Lol. No hard feelings about our previous arguement. I apologize for all the sh*t I said. Anyways, I use to think the same thing but I have done alot of reading on the subject and it's better to give your biceps/triceps a couple of days of rest then overtraining them. Overtraining can set your prograss back along time.. Mths, Years even.

If you work your Chest and Triceps in the same day, you're basically doing 6 - 8 sets (depending on your work out) for your triceps. That's way too much. I have found a workout that is considered to be a great Mass Building workout that provides about 4 days rest inbetween the tris & bis.

Monday: Shoulders, Triceps
    Tuesday: Back, Traps
    Wednesday: OFF
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Chest, Biceps
    Saturday: OFF
    Sunday: OFF

I just started this routine today. It took me about 40mins to go through The shoulders, triceps, and abs. I am dedicating myself to training and I will post new pics in a couple of mths for you guys. I wanna go ahead and chizzle out my stomach and sculpt up alittle more. I'm eating like a horse right now. Nothing but natural Proteins and Fats.

Thread Information