Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388

    Need Opinions on this Workout

    Monday/Thursday
    Chest and Back
    -Bench
    -Chest Flys
    -Pullovers
    -Lat Pulldowns
    -Rows
    Abs/Cardio

    Tuesday/Friday
    Shoulders and Arms
    -Shoulder Press
    -Upright Row
    -Delt Row
    -Curl
    -Tricep Extension
    -Reverse Curl
    Abs/Cardio

    Wednesday/Saturday
    Legs
    -Squat
    -Calf Raises
    -Leg Curls
    Abs/Cardio


    Haven't decided on sets and reps yet, suggestions welcome. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    BTW, If it helps, I'm 24. 5'10, 175lbs. Looking to add a little bulk but main goal is definition. Any input is greatly appreciated.

  3. #3
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    The leg day is lacking. Personally I wouldn't do shoulders after leg day. Have you ever thought of doing it like this:

    day 1 -chest/tri's/abs
    day 2- legs-quads/hams/calves
    day 3- off
    day 4- back/bi's/forearms
    day 5- delts/abs

    -SHRED

  4. #4
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    The leg day is lacking. Personally I wouldn't do shoulders after leg day. Have you ever thought of doing it like this:

    day 1 -chest/tri's/abs
    day 2- legs-quads/hams/calves
    day 3- off
    day 4- back/bi's/forearms
    day 5- delts/abs

    -SHRED
    Thanks for the suggestion. I wouldn't be doing shoulders directly after leg day though. I really wanted to hit each area twice a week, I feel my weak spots are my chest and ab area, everything else is on a good consistent pace.

  5. #5
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Actually I meant not to do delts after chest my bad.

  6. #6
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    Any suggestions on sets and reps?

  7. #7
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Motion
    Any suggestions on sets and reps?
    thats dependent on what you want to accomplish and your individual

  8. #8
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    thats dependent on what you want to accomplish and your individual
    very true. What are your goals?

  9. #9
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    very true. What are your goals?
    Right now my main goal is more definition. I'm 5'10, 175lbs, I'm taking Creatine and Whey protein regularly. I'd like to bulk up alittle more eventually, but right now I'm looking for more definition.

  10. #10
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I see that schedule as severe OVER-TRAINING.

    No way in blue h*ll I could hit chest on Thurs. after thrashing it on Monday.

    I'd still be sore Weds/Thurs. Even if the soreness was gone by that time, which it rarely is, that does NOT assure that recovery is complete.

    ~SC~

  11. #11
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I see that schedule as severe OVER-TRAINING.

    No way in blue h*ll I could hit chest on Thurs. after thrashing it on Monday.

    I'd still be sore Weds/Thurs. Even if the soreness was gone by that time, which it rarely is, that does NOT assure that recovery is complete.

    ~SC~

    What kind of sets/reps are you referring to? Lately I've been doing the basic 3 sets of 10 reps,not that workout but I still do chest on Monday and Thursday. I'd put myself in the intermediate range as far as size/experience lifting, I'm no where near your size, probably not even half as big. Any suggestions?

    Thanks again for everyone's input, its greatly appreciated.

  12. #12
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    For those of you that do the "Each body part, once a week" style workout, How many exercises do you do per bodypart? I've tried that type of workout before and it just didn't seem like I was doing enough. Thats why I was looking at the workout I mentioned earlier in this thread. Any ideas?

  13. #13
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    Alright so I came up with a new workout and started about 2 weeks ago, so far so good. How does this look?


    Monday
    Chest/Tri's
    Flys
    Bench
    Tricep Extensions
    Pullovers
    Abs

    Tuesday
    Legs
    Calf Raises
    Leg Curls
    Squat
    Leg Press

    Thursday
    Shoulders
    Upright Row
    Shoulder Press
    Lateral raise
    Delt row
    Abs

    Saturday
    Back/Bi's
    Lat Pulldown
    Deadlift
    Curls
    Seated Row
    Reverse Curls
    Abs

  14. #14
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Motion
    For those of you that do the "Each body part, once a week" style workout, How many exercises do you do per bodypart? I've tried that type of workout before and it just didn't seem like I was doing enough. Thats why I was looking at the workout I mentioned earlier in this thread. Any ideas?
    I train each body part once a week like this At the moment,

    Mon, back deadlift, 2sets bent rows, 2sets upllups, 2sets shrugs, 2sets

    Tus, tris skullkrusher, 3sets seated ex, x2 pushdown, x2

    Wed, legs, squat, x3 leg press, 2 seated ex, x2

    Thur, bis, bar curl x2 alternative db curlx2 hammer curl x2

    Frid chest shoulders flat x3 inc,, x2 declinex2 side laterals x3 shoulder press x2
    This is one of my favourite routines

  15. #15
    Motion's Avatar
    Motion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I train each body part once a week like this At the moment,

    Mon, back deadlift, 2sets bent rows, 2sets upllups, 2sets shrugs, 2sets

    Tus, tris skullkrusher, 3sets seated ex, x2 pushdown, x2

    Wed, legs, squat, x3 leg press, 2 seated ex, x2

    Thur, bis, bar curl x2 alternative db curlx2 hammer curl x2

    Frid chest shoulders flat x3 inc,, x2 declinex2 side laterals x3 shoulder press x2
    This is one of my favourite routines

    Looks like a good routine, I'll have to try that next.

  16. #16
    1Leader's Avatar
    1Leader is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Power Rack
    Posts
    151
    Overtraining , wont gain no bulk maybe get smaller.
    One body part per day except bis and tris on same day.
    6 to 9 sets and 4 to 6 reps 6th being positive failure .

    3 DIFFERENT EXERCISES PER BODY PART

    Check out WWW.MaxOT.COM
    Last edited by 1Leader; 06-09-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •