Wtoad is offline New Member

Best time of the day to lift?

I'm starting my summer with a new job so it re-arranges my schedule a little bit. Along with this new job im starting my first cycle of cyp. I've lifted in the early morning, late evening, and everytime in between, so what i really want to know is what is the best time to lift? And i don't really want to hear that the best time to lift is whenever i feel good about lifting! I know that their has to be a perfect time to lift. Should I eat a meal before i lift then a protein shake after or a protein shake before and a meal afterwards? I really appreciate it -- D

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtoad
    I'm starting my summer with a new job so it re-arranges my schedule a little bit. Along with this new job im starting my first cycle of cyp. I've lifted in the early morning, late evening, and everytime in between, so what i really want to know is what is the best time to lift? And i don't really want to hear that the best time to lift is whenever i feel good about lifting! I know that their has to be a perfect time to lift. Should I eat a meal before i lift then a protein shake after or a protein shake before and a meal afterwards? I really appreciate it -- D
    Personally, I'd suggest having at least three meals in before lifting.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yep helps to have atleast 1 pro/carb mean and 1 pro/fat meal in your sys before you lift and even more important that preworkout is pwo which is where you want 2:1 Dex/Pro Shake where protein is = to .25lbs of lean body mass

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Personally, I'd suggest having at least three meals in before lifting.

Yea, this is my rule of thumb, especially on leg day. if i go in on leg day without at least 3 meals in me, i feel awful, lightheaded, sick, and weak...

I don't think there is a specific time (ie: 3 pm), but timing is improtant. Just like said above, after three meals at least, oh, and not more than an hour after your last meal....

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    />
    I am going to have a summer job to. and i will be in the gym first thing in the moring. If i have to i will be up at 5 in the morning if i have to. whey and milk and some kind of carb will be my pre-meal.

either 10am or 7pm are my fav/best times to lift.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    after 3 meals is pretty standard, but if your consistently taking in complex carbs it shouldnt make a big difference if you get in one meal or four. i read once before that a group of test trainers in an experiment showed consistent peak strenght levels after 8-10 hours of waking. read into that what you wish.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    either 10am or 7pm are my fav/best times to lift.
    lol...thats because you sleep 10-12 hours a day....no flame...

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    ya ill get around 3meals in b/f i lift, need them carbs baby lol

Quote Originally Posted by cdogge
    lol...thats because you sleep 10-12 hours a day....no flame...
    yeah im old and fat.. need much rest

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    yeah im old and fat.. need much rest

Oh... yeah... ur old.......... mk......

Just whatever you do, dont lift with no food in you.

Wtoad is offline New Member
    I would say that my job is pretty taxing on the body. I mean I don't just set at a desk or on a lawnmower on my nuts all day. I was told by my old football coach that it wasn't good to lift to late in the evenings because it made your adrenaline rush to where you couldn't sleep that night who knows how much smoke he was blowing up my ***. But I was thinking if i get up in the morning eat sausage/eggs and a pop tart or something like that, then go lift 15-20 minutes later that would work? Then drink a protein shake after i get done with my shower right after my workout? Does that sound good any opinions?

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtoad
    I would say that my job is pretty taxing on the body. I mean I don't just set at a desk or on a lawnmower on my nuts all day. I was told by my old football coach that it wasn't good to lift to late in the evenings because it made your adrenaline rush to where you couldn't sleep that night who knows how much smoke he was blowing up my ***. But I was thinking if i get up in the morning eat sausage/eggs and a pop tart or something like that, then go lift 15-20 minutes later that would work? Then drink a protein shake after i get done with my shower right after my workout? Does that sound good any opinions?
    imo, it all depends alot on your schedule. I workout at 12:30 am b/c that's what time I get off work. Eat my PWO on the way home, and then have PPWO shortly after I get home.

I prefer to have a few meals in me before I lift but if your only choice is to do it after meal #1, then that's all you can do. It's better than lifting with no food in you whatsoever.

I would suggest not eating a poptart and sausage eggs. Regardless of goal, I think it's best to keep your diet as clean as possible to maximize results. Also your Shake/Dex combo should come right after you workout to maximize the contreversial anabolic window.

Post your diet up in the diet sectoin and let SC and posse help you put together a great plan!

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i have my pre-breakfast meal and go lift..........i have all the cals. i need for that workout and am never full..............it depends when time u lift in the reference to how many meals u should have prior.................i workout in the mornings and think its the best time to lift....................ur body is fresh and well rested.....................

Thread Information