Thread: Shoulder pain

dern180 is offline Member

Shoulder pain

Last tuesday I got a sharp shoulder pain at work. And that was the day i was going to work out my shoulder. But I held off until sunday to do shoulder. I'm still in alittle pain. Should I have waited longer or what?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Where is the pain? Be careful, could be the rotator cuff. I had to go to rehab for close to 4 months for my rotator tear. It was right behind the armpit in the back. Fuckin sucked, lost a LOT of weight, basically every ounce of muscle I ever had. Took about 8-10 months to get it back. 8-10 months of fucking hell, be careful bro. Stay safe.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Hell yeah listen to PapaPump. You don't wanna take chances with your shoulders, they are very vulnerable and susceptible to injury. I hurt mine when I was in high school but was dumb enough to train through the pain. Needless to say about 2 yrs later it came around and bit me in the ass. No training at all for like 5 months! Take at least two weeks off from training, ice the area with the pain, and do some internal and external rotations. This will give the shoulder joint a chance to recuperate and hopefully won't get any worse.

dern180 is offline Member
    My shoulder feels fine now. I've have not had any pain in it so far. Let's hope it stay that way.

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Speaking of Rotator Cuff...

I have a slight tear in mine.This sucks only god knows how long I will be out from the gym.Maybe a week.I feel bad for you guys who are out for like months at a time...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Ya, just seriously take it easy Flaco. Usually a week will do it
    --
    I was stupid and kept trying to 'train thru it'. Man, that was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Especially when lifting is basically all you do. Man, I hate to even think of how size I lost. Take it easy bro.

, I mean , you can still do legs and abs...So take a week off from upper body, and when you come back next week...you're body will blow up into new muscle growth.

Thread Information