Thread: machines?

buff999 is offline New Member

machines?

anyone think that the french press seated machine or the seated tricep extension machine is a good workout sub for free weights? I know i have heard its not, but i feel a beter contraction on the muscle when i use the machines, better discipline on the reps......

just wondering other opinions.....

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    As long as you don't limit yourself to machines and you put it last in your workouts (prioritizing freeweights) I don't see any problem with it.

Good luck.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff999
    anyone think that the french press seated machine or the seated tricep extension machine is a good workout sub for free weights? I know i have heard its not, but i feel a beter contraction on the muscle when i use the machines, better discipline on the reps......

The beautiful thing about a machine is that it follows the course of the excersice properly! BUT, it doesn't hit your MUSCLES (plural, since usually free weight includes more then one or at least stabilizers) like free weight does. My suggestions to people who don't feel free weight like they do machines, is to drop the weight and perfect their form! Only then will you feel it 10 times more then machines! Also Charles Glass once said "machines should only be used in preperation for a contest". Basically what he means is that the foundation should come from free weights, THEN use machines to fine tune the muscle when the time is right!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Most of my tricep work is done on machines. I feel they hit them great.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    the only machine i use is lats pull down! cause im too fat to do sets with my bodyweigth!!

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff999

yes it s good substitution

Thread Information