badmoto is offline Junior Member

bulking up but stomach needs to cut. help

I am 5'10 174 lbs and on a bulking diet, routine. I have excess stomach fat that I want to lose but am worried about cardio interfering with my bulk training. I ONLY gain fat in my stomach area and am not comfortable without my shirt because I am holding a few lbs there that needs to go, I can see a 6 pack hiding under the fat. haha. I'm not on creatine or juice. help me out. thanks.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry bro but your cut and bulk at the same time. You have to chose which one you want to do! Personally I reccomend having a good base before a person cuts, otherwise they fade to nothing! There is nothing around it IMO, you have to choose!

badmoto is offline Junior Member
    I appreciate your advice there. I am working my abs hard and I guess I will bulk to my desired size and then cut. I have read a lot of good threads on here about ab workouts too. thanks

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If you get your abs bigger with weighted work and heavy squats and deadlifts you will be able to see them at a higher bodyfat percentage than if they were underdeveloped.

needmorestrength hit the nail on the head... bulking requires a caloric excess and cutting requires a caloric deficit. Can't really do both at the same time. You CAN gain muscle and lose bodyfat slowly if you know your body well enough and have a CLEAN diet... no mixing carbs and fats, relatively low carbs (morning, pwo, ppwo) and some morning cardio if you're so inclined. Post up your diet in the appropriate forum for critique, maybe there are some flaws that are keeping you fat.

slopland is offline New Member
    Just wondering, why would you want to have a relatively low carb pre and post workout? That would cause you to use you muscle glycogen stores instead of blood glucose. Also, why do people believe that you need a caloric excess in order to gain mass?? It will help to gain weight, but that also means fat mass that you have to burn later and since fat and muscle are two completely different tissues and cannot convert, why add the excess fat? As long as your glycogen and amino acid stores are in check, the mass should come in as lean mass? Just a question. Maybe I'm missing something.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    aww but you can bulk and cut at same time if you use a nice variety of AAS some RL3/slin and do proper cardio w/ a PERFECT i restate.. PERFECT DIET but this is rather unlikely and kinda pointless due to the efficiency.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by slopland
    Just wondering, why would you want to have a relatively low carb pre and post workout? That would cause you to use you muscle glycogen stores instead of blood glucose. Also, why do people believe that you need a caloric excess in order to gain mass?? It will help to gain weight, but that also means fat mass that you have to burn later and since fat and muscle are two completely different tissues and cannot convert, why add the excess fat? As long as your glycogen and amino acid stores are in check, the mass should come in as lean mass? Just a question. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Just because someone is gaining mass and in a caloric excess doesn't mean they have to gain an ounce of fat... it CAN all be muscle.

Thread Information