HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

what would be more effective?

im a big fan of mass movements, i like doing 3 for big body parts and one isolation exercise now my question is, say for chest after doing incline bench and flat DB press your stabilizers are taxed pretty good, would it be a better idea to hit something like a hammer strength machine to further stress that muscle without the stabilizers causing premature failure and not fully taxing the targeted muscle group for that exercise? or hit another free weight exercise??

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    You need to strengthen your stablizers just as much as any other muscle. It becomes even more important as the weight you use goes up and up. Stick to free weights for chest and you will be glad you did later.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    (weighted) dips

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    You need to strengthen your stablizers just as much as any other muscle. It becomes even more important as the weight you use goes up and up. Stick to free weights for chest and you will be glad you did later.

very good point, i never thought of it like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    (weighted) dips
    i blew out my shoulder doing these before, i truely do miss these, they've worked wonders for me! i think ill start slow with these again tho. when it happened i was using an immense amount of weight(back in my meat head days ) but ill give it shot again!

i think your original idea is good hollywood. think of it like this, you'll strengthen your shoulders or whatever other stabilizers on THEIR OWN days...that day you are working out CHEST, so don't let your shoulders hinder your workout. Stick with what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    i think your original idea is good hollywood. think of it like this, you'll strengthen your shoulders or whatever other stabilizers on THEIR OWN days...that day you are working out CHEST, so don't let your shoulders hinder your workout. Stick with what you were saying.

also a good point

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    as u get stronger and stronger on your weights, it might be a good idea to actually kinda steer away from the free weights, your joints will thank you later!
    yes of course you need to target your stabilizers and i didnt say stop free weights completelly, but i would suggest mix more macvhines in there...just think how many injuries do you know happen from free weights? how many do u know come from machines? if ur looking to get bigger and create hypertrophy your body doesn't know if the load ur lifting comes from free weights or machines.

Thread Information