Njectable is offline Member

Supersetting for bulking?

Well was up at the gym tonight, and their was this kid that was completely jacked, and he said he has worked out with a popular french bodybuilder in quebec, can't remember his name i don't really keep up to date with BBs just know ronnie coleman and a few others, but anyways this kid is 19, 260lbs and he's benching 405lb, i know this because i spotted him, and he claimed he is squatting 600lb which i have no doubt that he isn't. Anyways though we where both hitting the same muscles, chest and triceps, and when i was doing my pressdowns, he stepped in and said have u ever tried this? he set the weight for the pressdowns to 100lbs, and said do 15 of those then quickly move and do seated dips, he said that will really make your triceps huge, i would of never thought to do this type of lifting for bulking but this kid knows what hes talking about obviously, what are some of ur oppinions on this?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Variety is an important concept in muscle growth... if you haven't done it, just the shock of doing it is going to spark muscle growth.

Njectable is offline Member
    well should i add it in to my routine? or just throw it in hear and there for variety like u said and to keep the body guessing

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I like to go 3 weeks with a routine and then switch it up.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Claude Groulx is probably the pro from quebec.

some pros live off of supersets (actually double set). ronnie does them often for arms and quads; vince taylor used them for almost every set. if your goal is predominantly size oriented and you respond well to high volume training then make the supersets (or whatever) part of your regular routine; if not- dont. almost every type of training tech you have ever heard of can come in handy at some point in time.

the training regiment thats actually best for you will only be discovered by your own experiences. so give em a try, but dont forget about what youve already learned.

Thread Information