fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member

low incline bench

alright my bench is at 300, and i go work out w/ guys that bench about 185 for their max, now im lookin all strong doing everything but when we get to incline...im doin tha same weight as them, 135 for *barely* 10 reps, can someone help me out on technique or workouts to improve my incline?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry but i dont believe somebody would be able to put up 300 on bench and then barely get 135 on incline. i can only put up 275 on flat, but i rep with 205 on incline about 6x's....unless ur using an extreme angle, like an angle used for shoulder press, theres something wrong with ur numbers

lol beleive it or not its true

thats 300 1 time
    135 10 times, ads up to 180 but still, very low incline (that didnt help on how to get my incline up by tha way)

flexgolf is offline Member
    Well I'll search for a link that will help you with your form....but how much flat bench do you so before you get to incline? Maybe you are working harder than your weaker counterparts?

i do flat bench, dumbell bench, incline dumbell, then barbell dumbell, so ive been working out a while b4 i actually get to it, maybe ill start next week w/ incline after flat bench and see how it goes

flexgolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    i do flat bench, dumbell bench, incline dumbell, then barbell dumbell, so ive been working out a while b4 i actually get to it, maybe ill start next week w/ incline after flat bench and see how it goes
    does sound like a lot...id like to know what happens

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    what is barbell dumbell? i woudl say do ur warmup sets then go straight to incline so u can focus and put more energy into that.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    I would say that you are probably tired from the other sets...also incline is a lot harder....That doesn't sound that bad to me.....just me

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Start doing inclines first. You have to mix it up. One week do incline first then flat, the the next week flat then incline. Or do 1 month flat first then 1 month incline first. Mix it up bro.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    Start doing inclines first. You have to mix it up. One week do incline first then flat, the the next week flat then incline. Or do 1 month flat first then 1 month incline first. Mix it up bro.
    What he said. That way you take advantage of the energy you have first in your workouts.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    sorry but i dont believe somebody would be able to put up 300 on bench and then barely get 135 on incline.
    My thoughts exactly.

~SC~

singern is offline Banned
    I would think this true, if you never did incline before, But as you continue to do them, your weight will increase quickly, and catch up to your flat bench.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You should always change up ur routine man. One week start with flat, the next decline and the next incline. Cuz ur muscles are not tired at the beginning and you can push for more sets and get more growth
    Good luck

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    sorry but i dont believe somebody would be able to put up 300 on bench and then barely get 135 on incline.
    ehh it could happen, neglect of upper chest, not using the priorty princible. but my main question is how many sets of flat bench do you do before incline. if your doing like 7-8 sets heavy on flat. then going to incline. it could happen. that would deff. decrease your strength.

you say 1 rep max 300 flat
    10 rep 135 incline that leads up to 1 rep max 180

most likely you'll never beable to bench on an incline anywhere near what your doing on a flat bench BUT im sure theres people out there that can. but id say just everyother week do upper chest first wait a couple months and report back
    Last edited by robkesl; 05-31-2005 at 02:18 PM.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    sorry but i dont believe somebody would be able to put up 300 on bench and then barely get 135 on incline. i can only put up 275 on flat, but i rep with 205 on incline about 6x's....unless ur using an extreme angle, like an angle used for shoulder press, theres something wrong with ur numbers

ME EITHER!!!

YOUR FORM MUST BE HORRIBLE!!!!

TheJuicer is offline Member
    I'm sorry guys but I believe him...When I started lifting I negected incline...I'd do flat bench..3 sets my max was 265lbs. at the time and I'd then do 3 sets of inclines with 135 for 6-10....then do flat flies or Flat DB presses...The way I brought my incline up was to do it first...yes you will be weaker on flat but get over it!! no upper chest looks kinda stupid...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    alright my bench is at 300, and i go work out w/ guys that bench about 185 for their max, now im lookin all strong doing everything but when we get to incline...im doin tha same weight as them, 135 for *barely* 10 reps, can someone help me out on technique or workouts to improve my incline?
    why do u worry about what your m8s are lifting, just make sure you put an extra kg or half a kg on the bar each week ,as long as you do more than last week it doesn’t really mater what u press just make sure u have good form JMO

Thread Information