daytrader is offline Member

Chest work twice a week

i thought of this routine because my chest just gets absolutley so sore for the like 4 days and it hinders my other workouts.... i normally only do FB 2 working sets total 4.. inclne dbs or bb .. 2 WS 3 total... then 2 diff isolation movements at 2-3 WS each... so normally i have about 7-9 working sets for chest... not much right? i get incredibly sore from this.. so i was thinking of doing chest 2wice a week. teaming them with delts one workout and bis the other.. teaming them with delts one day will cut down on shoulder work would this be too much? i just dont want to get injured from overtraining my chest...

M- legs
    t-off
    w- Chest and delts
    2 working sets of FB
    2 sets of cables
    2 of flys
    3 sets of DB military presses
    2 lateral raises
    2 cable raises
    T-off
    F- back and tris
    S-off
    S- chest and bi's
    2-3 ws of DB decline presses
    2 ws of hammer strenghth presses
    2 sets of flies

as you can see i still am doing 2 differnt pressing motions per week for chest... just splitting them up

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i think if you chest is fatigued by this workout, you need to rest untill next week. i pump my chest only once a week. your 7-9 sets looks like its getting the job done if you are sore for 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    i think if you chest is fatigued by this workout, you need to rest untill next week. i pump my chest only once a week. your 7-9 sets looks like its getting the job done if you are sore for 4 days
    Yea but almost Too sore... example i do chest on Wednesday take thurs off do back on friday and cant even do pullups because it feels like my chest muscles are ripping... its not a good pain...i mean i work through all the rest... i was just going to see if splitting up my chest excersises might yeild more results... o well illtry it and see how it goes

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    theres no problem whatsoever doing chest 2x a week you will more than likely benefit from some extra growth and stamina.for instance you could do flat bench and incline on monday then decline and flys on wednesday or friday which ever suits,i used to love the pain from my chest workouts but it did interfere with other exercises later that week,but as many people are beginning to understand soreness or doms is not a clear indicator that you are growing good luck.

TheRel33 is offline Banned
    just make sure you arent overtraining and doing too many sets while doing chest 2 times a week

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    that is the hottest picture of ashlee simpson i have ever seen

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I would go with one day a week and do flat and incline barbell or db mix and match. I would limit flies and such to one or twoo exercises. Make sure to do two pressing exercises it will put on the most mass. Sometimes I throw in a third every once in a while for two or three weeks to mix it up. Use free weights if you can. I think they work better and you can do froced sets. Do this for a while and mix it up. If your chest is sore it needs time to heal. If it doesn't your training will be counterproductive.

Thread Information