BKLYNSUPERMAN is offline New Member

Twice a week Chest workout??

My Chest is my worst bodypart should i start working out twice a week or is it true what they say about over working your body parts

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    u could, but if doing it twice a week, u gotta stay low on sets on each workout, id say about 4-6, that way u can work it and not be too sore for ur next chest workout....i have same problem with my chest and after 6 years have still yet to find something that really works, just try different things and keep track of ur results to figure what technique works best

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNSUPERMAN
    My Chest is my worst bodypart should i start working out twice a week or is it true what they say about over working your body parts
    IMO all ppl are different but i would have to say just work it out once a wk... ive worked chest and other body parts out 2times a wk and have found that even though after a few days u wont be sore anymore that its best to let it rest as much as u can well a wk is good. just workout harder and get ur rest itll grow bro good luck

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNSUPERMAN
    if the volume is lighter than frequency can go up. if your split is money, then their would be no problem. that is imo

flexgolf is offline Member
    i'd say it wouldnt hurt to experiment a little, but definitely keep the sets down per workout

your split probly has nothing to do with it, I would say genetics have the biggest part of your lacking chest. You really shouldn't need to hit chest twice a week, but if you must, wait 72 hrs between each w/o. Just make sure you tax your chest with max overload on the day you hit it. Heavy and strict bro.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    You can work bodyparts twice in the same 24 - 36 hours to help growth. Let's say you work out in the morning. Go to the gym, do your normal, work to failure type of routine, then that night work your chest by doing high reps and low weight. This could just be pushups really. The second set isn't to break your muscle down again, but rather to inrease bloodflow and therefore nutrient delivery, which will in turn help recovery and muscle growth.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    your split probly has nothing to do with it, I would say genetics have the biggest part of your lacking chest. You really shouldn't need to hit chest twice a week, but if you must, wait 72 hrs between each w/o. Just make sure you tax your chest with max overload on the day you hit it. Heavy and strict bro.
    if his split is messed up, like anyupper body work the day before chest, maybe even up to 2 days before his chest workout, his chest will suffer for sure!!!

flexgolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    You can work bodyparts twice in the same 24 - 36 hours to help growth. Let's say you work out in the morning. Go to the gym, do your normal, work to failure type of routine, then that night work your chest by doing high reps and low weight. This could just be pushups really. The second set isn't to break your muscle down again, but rather to inrease bloodflow and therefore nutrient delivery, which will in turn help recovery and muscle growth.
    A guy at my gym told me about this...but he reccomended doing it the next day. I believe he called it a recovery workout. I dont know if that is entirely necessary though

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    i agree with hulkster...your problem probably is just like mine. genetics...without knowing much about you, chances are you have very good delts, which overpower your chest...in that case when u do chest clock your delts back and concentrate on only lifting your weight with your chest. stop short of lock out...and just like ironreload said if your volume lowers then the frequency could go higher...try extreme stretching after your done with your chest workout

insanepump621 is offline Member
    What does your chest workout consist of right now... sets reps etc.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyr6
    i agree with hulkster...your problem probably is just like mine. genetics...without knowing much about you, chances are you have very good delts, which overpower your chest...in that case when u do chest clock your delts back and concentrate on only lifting your weight with your chest. stop short of lock out...and just like ironreload said if your volume lowers then the frequency could go higher...try extreme stretching after your done with your chest workout
    true, or it could be his triceps. How wide of a grip do you use?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i wouldnt work it out any sooner than every 5 days IMO

Thread Information