A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member

Symetry question....

I have one bi that tottaly peaks out larger than the other one what is a good way to even them....should I just work out my bad one for a mounth or too???thanks

Uconish is offline Member
    Alot of people have the same problem I sure its not even that noticable the only reason you notice it is because you know its there Otherwise others wont be able to tell the difference

NightOp is offline Member
    I have off symmetry on a few body parts, most of it is either not noticable or might just be a figment of my imagination, but I have one arm bigger than the other for sure, but like Uconish said, most ppl don't notice, and even if they do who cares, "most people" don't train and eat like we do anyways.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i had a bad neck injury in 99 and my right arm went from 19" to 15" within a couple of months-i could not even curl 5lbs with it cause nerve was crushed and there was no electrical stimulus to right bi and shoulder. i stopped training arms all to gether so as not to look stupid. when i was able to train good again-over a year later- i started back arm training and my right arm was way behind so what i did was every set i would do 1 or 2 extra reps for my right arm with 1 arm curls and squeeze each of those extra reps and it took awhile but it worked my arms are 19"cold now

A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the input but it was other people that noticed that I was not even...any other ideas

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    You will not find an individual with perfect symetry. (Frank Zane was close.) Honestly no right and left bodyparts are the same. Likewise your dominant side is usually larger because of use. Priority training will even the size over time if there is a difference but you'll notice that your left bicep may not peak as much as the right, but it may be thicker or vise/versa. Similarly you'll find most bodyparts like that. For example, my left tricep is longer than the right but the right is thicker. They measure the same, and my right peaks better.

I think it's God's way of reminding us that noone is perfect.

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    AK

For what it's worth, I have a similar problem with my rear delts (right weaker than left). I consulted a couple of personnal trainers in my gym and they both otld me that the best way to rectify the weakness was to continue exercising both muscles equally, but to use slightly heavier weights on the weaker muscle, thereby encouraging greater growth.

Seems to work, but in my case it's taking it's time!

Tie

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by tie
    AK

For what it's worth, I have a similar problem with my rear delts (right weaker than left). I consulted a couple of personnal trainers in my gym and they both otld me that the best way to rectify the weakness was to continue exercising both muscles equally, but to use slightly heavier weights on the weaker muscle, thereby encouraging greater growth.

Tie
    Be careful training with uneven weight amounts. Your weaker side is working harder than your dominant side, and in time will compensate and equal the strength of the stronger side. Even if you're recovering from an injury, those muscles will regain their strength and size because of muscle memory. Point in fact...having a certification does not make you a great PT anymore than going to MacDonalds makes you a hamburger!
    I think it's very important to do your own research regarding wellness. Knowledge is power. Test every answer in this field. There are many answers and some are not necessarily right for you or worse they may even be wrong.

Exocet is offline Associate Member
    I noticed a similar thing in the mirror the other day. I'm pretty sure one of my lat's is slightly bigger than the other

Ah well.

Thread Information