devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member

Back and Bi's: Anyone have this problem?

Whenever I work back or bi's it feels like my rear delts are doing all the work. Even when I do preacher curls my fuckin' shoulders give out before my biceps. I've tried everything: leaning up against a pole, squeezing my shoulder blades together, etc...
    Any suggestions?

Big Show 23 Guest
    Can't say that I've ever had that problem but here's my idea. Try doing Incline Curls instead,I find that incline curls are murder on my biceps since the biceps do all the work

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Incline? As in your use the incline bench to do curls? I've seen people do that before, is it really that good? I wanna give this a shot!

Big Show 23 Guest
    Originally posted by Terinox
    Incline? As in your use the incline bench to do curls? I've seen people do that before, is it really that good? I wanna give this a shot!
    Do it Terrinox.Inclines totally isolate the biceps and you get a good stretch.Try them I guarantee that after 1 set of those your bis will be beggin' for mercy

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Incline bi's are a mofo. Even swinging the weights doesn't help (not that I've tried )

Deadend is offline Associate Member

Re: Back and Bi's: Anyone have this problem?

Originally posted by devilscabanaboy19
    Whenever I work back or bi's it feels like my rear delts are doing all the work. Even when I do preacher curls my fuckin' shoulders give out before my biceps. I've tried everything: leaning up against a pole, squeezing my shoulder blades together, etc...
    Any suggestions?
    When do you do your shoulder workout during the week? Try giving yourself a full day of rest before the next time you do back/bi's. See if this helps. Also try some good stretching.

stan66 is offline Junior Member
    Another thumbs up for incline curls. Start of with these, go hard and go heavy. Your biceps will thank you by blowing up. Very hard to cheat on these, since it is hard to use anything but your bi's to bring that weight up....

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by Terinox
    Terinox,

As you might know or might not know, Bicep has two heads. A short and a long head. The long head crosses the shoulder joint, and the short head does not.

So if you want to put the emphasis on the long head you put it on stretch(Eg,.. Incline DB Curls). Because when a musle is on stretch it bio-machanically sets that mucsle (or part of the muscle) up so it has an advantage of the other muscles or heads. So it works the long head more.

Another Example.

With Triceps..

Overhead Tricep extensions put the long head of triceps on stretch.. so it works that head (more than the others).

When you do "kick backs" it takes the other heads out of play (they are at a bio-machanical dis-advantage, eg long head is not on stretch, so it is hard for it to work). And the focus lies on the laterial head.

I hope this explains it some more. If need be I will explain.. more. and can be more scientific if you like. Excuse and errors in this text, I belted it out pretty quick.

Peace

Re: Back and Bi's: Anyone have this problem?

Originally posted by devilscabanaboy19
    Even when I do preacher curls my fuckin' shoulders give out before my biceps.
    How can your shoulders give out on Preacher Curls? Your shoulder(anterior delt) does not come into play. Yes the Bicep does cross the shoulder joint, but there should be NO shoulder flexion in a preacher curl. I suggest something is very wrong with your technique, or perhap you typed the wrong exercise by mistake??

Please explain?

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    dude's the next time u guys do bis stretch out hard core the whole time in betweeen every set u do it will give u the best pump of ur life. i read that chris cormier was a big streching freak,constently stretchin to get the best pump posible and it really helped me. try it!!!!

Originally posted by bizznach
    dude's the next time u guys do bis stretch out hard core the whole time in betweeen every set u do it will give u the best pump of ur life. i read that chris cormier was a big streching freak,constently stretchin to get the best pump posible and it really helped me. try it!!!!
    I should stretch more... Idea behind stretching between sets, is that is strtches the facia and over time allows for more growth to happen.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Definetly like incline bench curls! How about trying concentration curls and supporting your shoulder with the arm your not working. (Hope you can understand... this wasn't the best explanation!)

Thread Information