smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries

Best chest workout?

what could be the best chest work out for the inside ( i mean where both chests meet) dammit, i dunno how to say this, hopefully somwone got it

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    The general consensus is that it is not possible to work only the 'inner' part of your pec. However, I have observed that flies, usually providing a greater contraction of the muscle, usually help getting this 'part' bigger.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    4 x Flat bench
    4 x Incline bench
    3 x Flat flies
    3 x Cable crossovers

nsa
    BTW, you can't only work the inner chest, your pectoralis major spans from your gleno-humeral joint (shoulder) to your sternum (middle of your chest) and all contracts as one.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    use a fly machine, it develops inner pecs better than db flyes because the tension is continuous at the point of peak contraction. crossovers will work fine also.

close grip benching (shoulder width) will also shift emphasis towards the inner pec.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    DO DIPS w/ your knees pulld up in front of you so you look like a cowering tard and try it.. something about the angle of tension reall brings out nice cleavage and upper chest...

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    DO DIPS w/ your knees pulld up in front of you so you look like a cowering tard and try it.. something about the angle of tension reall brings out nice cleavage and upper chest...
    ... thats a good one. dips are basically closegrip declines.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg
    ... thats a good one. dips are basically closegrip declines.
    err.. kinda but NO.. lol
    its a totally different Pull when done right.. as the greater range of motion, hand placement, and angle of tension totally changes everything like dips down w/ knees infront will stimulate the innner adn upper chest very well w/ strict form. try it you will see.. i usually cramp like a mofo.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    err.. kinda but NO.. lol
    its a totally different Pull when done right.. as the greater range of motion, hand placement, and angle of tension totally changes everything like dips down w/ knees infront will stimulate the innner adn upper chest very well w/ strict form. try it you will see.. i usually cramp like a mofo.
    lol. dont you mean a totally different "push"?

the range of motion is greater- ill give you that, but the angle of the movement is basically that of a closegrip decline press.

lol. dont you mean a totally different "push"?

the range of motion is greater- ill give you that, but the angle of the movement is basically that of a closegrip decline press.
    its saturday.. i had to get up at 6.. im working a 14hr day.. no i meant PULL!! j/k yeah push..
    im my head i was thinking different type of pull on the muscle though.. woulda made more sense if i elaborated a lil more =/

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    its saturday.. i had to get up at 6.. im working a 14hr day.. no i meant PULL!! j/k yeah push..
    im my head i was thinking different type of pull on the muscle though.. woulda made more sense if i elaborated a lil more =/
    14hrs! thats a long day bro. go get some sleep- u earned it.

14hrs! thats a long day bro. go get some sleep- u earned it.
    rofl I sit at a desk answer the fone every now and then, tell community service workers what to do and make sure the building doesnt run away!
    its not exactly physically demanding

Darkness is offline Member
    This one works for me: Do HEAVY bench press but dont go all the way down, only till about 4-5in from you chest. Seriously dont criticize untill you try it.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    inner chest is just genetics, in terms of where ur pecs meet....the thing to do is just add size overall and as ur chest grows, the inner part will grow with it...

nsa
    Flat DB flies and cable crossovers...

alevok Guest
    Bench presses one week with barbell next week with dumbell, increase the weight and decrease the reps each rep.
    4x12
    4x10
    4x8
    4x6
    Same goes for incline presses
    Incline flies
    4x12
    4x10
    4x8
    4x6
    Dips
    3Xmax with weight added

SaTyR is offline Member
    The pec dec or flys would be my choice.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    If you gym has a 10 degree pec machine use that for sure. It does include some delts but I have found it good for inner chest, although I have only ever seen this machine at one gym.
    If not that I agree with the above post by NSA, do cable cross-overs and you will feel it. Good luck bro

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    wow - tai you do get everywhere !! You must spen 14hrs at work and 8 on here !!

Anyway, I dont totally agree with your workout regarding the dips. I beleive that works the LOWER chest and NOT the UPPER. reason is, when you do dips, your arms go behind your back, causing the joint to pull the muscle across the chest in a kind of upward angle (And going slightly behind you). You then have to pull the arm from behind and up the back, down (Down - so using the lower pecs) to the side of your body. The upper pec is hardly used for this.

Regarding the best way to build the inner pecs. I do beleive most IS genetics but, I think cables can help it. Using cables, a combination of the lower pulley AND the upper pully will give the inner pecs more work. This is because cables allow the full tension on the muscle (And full weight) right through the motion. When you get to the centre of the pull, make sure the handles pass each other in front of you. This way, the pecs will tense up to their full and make sure you have a good squeeze. The further back you let the pec get stretched as well, the better it will put stress on the inner as it will be literally be getting torn from the sternum anchor point.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    wow - tai you do get everywhere !! You must spen 14hrs at work and 8 on here !!

Anyway, I dont totally agree with your workout regarding the dips. I beleive that works the LOWER chest and NOT the UPPER. reason is, when you do dips, your arms go behind your back, causing the joint to pull the muscle across the chest in a kind of upward angle (And going slightly behind you). You then have to pull the arm from behind and up the back, down (Down - so using the lower pecs) to the side of your body. The upper pec is hardly used for this.

Regarding the best way to build the inner pecs. I do beleive most IS genetics but, I think cables can help it. Using cables, a combination of the lower pulley AND the upper pully will give the inner pecs more work. This is because cables allow the full tension on the muscle (And full weight) right through the motion. When you get to the centre of the pull, make sure the handles pass each other in front of you. This way, the pecs will tense up to their full and make sure you have a good squeeze. The further back you let the pec get stretched as well, the better it will put stress on the inner as it will be literally be getting torn from the sternum anchor point.

hope this helps
    see you speak and you havent tried it ... its a completely different angle if you pull your KNEES UP INFRONT as opposed to behind you such as from weighted dips.. try it and you will feel it keep knees pulled up infront near your chest as in a ball and try to do dips.. then you will aggree

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    see you speak and you havent tried it ... its a completely different angle if you pull your KNEES UP INFRONT as opposed to behind you such as from weighted dips.. try it and you will feel it keep knees pulled up infront near your chest as in a ball and try to do dips.. then you will aggree
    I can understand what you mean tai.. It would end up, torso position wise and pressing angle wise, like a 'air pushup'.

yeah its almost like flys actually weird ...

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i agree with taiboxa

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    inner chest is just genetics, in terms of where ur pecs meet....the thing to do is just add size overall and as ur chest grows, the inner part will grow with it...
    good advice...
    remember to keep a good form and sternum as high as possible

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    ill give it a go one day but i cant see how pushing down can possibly use the upper pecs

Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    ill give it a go one day but i cant see how pushing down can possibly use the upper pecs
    and who thought that squats and deadlifts would make your arms grow?... strange world isnt it...

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    hey nsa, which of those sets do you take to failure in your routine? I ask cause as i've told you, your chest smokes ass for size.

Thread Information