BOSTONBEATDOWNS is offline Associate Member

Arrow any tall guys out there have any suggestions for mass

im curious to see if there are some tall guys out there that can help me or suggest anything for mass, maybe what has worked for you?...
    6'4
    5 years of training on and off
    last 2 hardcore.

bump

Iowa is offline Banned
    Im 6' and about 215 right now. Not big by any means, but my bf% is pretty low. I used to be 174 lbs. 5 years ago at 6'.

Now to answer you question.
    1. Eating correctly
    2. Deadlifts
    3. Squats

Those are the big 3 IMO. I never used to do deads, but once I started...look out!!!!

dead lifts huh,
    what type of results did you acheive from deadlifts? and thanks for your reply...

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSTONBEATDOWNS
    dead lifts huh,
    what type of results did you acheive from deadlifts? and thanks for your reply...

I noticed my whole body grew and I got a lot stronger on many lifts. IMO, if you don't deadlift then you're a fool. However, there are some people who cant do them do to injury. Thats the only exception in my book.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am 6'4" 210 right now, was 225 and solid last summer. I got out of high school about 6'3" 145 lbs.

I can say the last few years I really learned how to put on some good weight (from great people here at AR). I have to stop all cardio and eat 5500 calories a day to put on size.

One thing I learned is that less is more when working out (both sets and days on). 4-5 days max working out per week. Workout as heavy as you can without being too risky with injury. I eat all the time. I literally have 40lbs of top sirloin steak in the freezer, 10lbs of salmon fillets, 30lbs of chicken breasts, 40lbs of N-large 2 in a closet, 20lbs of whey protien. Lots of broccolli and asparugus around, yams, egg whites. Nuts are great too for healthy fat - almonds, walnuts, etc. When I eat pasta or bread its 100% whole wheat. You gotta up you calories slowly. Don't get me wrong I have also dabbled in AS but the right food and workout intensity when you have a superfast metabolism is key. In addition, sleep, sleep, sleep. Go check out the bulking thread in the diet section. Work out one body part per day. I am planning on dooing two days on, one day off now through september and hope to reach 235 with a little help.

I am not a deadlift freak but squats are a main staple as well as weighted dips and pullups. There is a ton of info here. Make it your #1 job and it will happen.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Same principles apply no matter what your height.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I'd have to agree with Iowa, I didn't really start growing until I made deads and squats a top priority and diet, of course. Cutting down on the cardio made things easier and pro-hormones helped to push me over the hump, of course those are illegal now.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Just be patient and realize that smaller guys dont have to push the weight as far. Since your limbs are longer you have a longer range of motion. Just keep hittin the weights and you will get stronger.

nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by nixfan712; 12-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.

nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by nixfan712; 12-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.

cool,

thanks guys i will definetly incoporate deadlifts into my routine, as for squats i will have to take it light on them and build up as i have a f-up right knee. thanks for the advise.

bump

i have weak knees i think my ligs are weak is there anyway i could strengthen them up, my buddy says that it could be cause by not working them out enough in the gym who knows. any help would be great thanks guys...

skyline04 is offline Associate Member
    Hey man I understand. I'm 6'4" and finally hit 205 or so naturally (i know i know skinny as shit) - starting my first cycle Sunday actually. For the last five years all I have done is eat and lift, no on & off. I didn't stick to the diet as much, as we have room to eat a little worse than the rest. For me straight bar & DB bench/incline has helped the most.

For your legs if you can't squat, do leg presses (so you can test your limits with your knee). You can do the machine quads & hams. Once you feel it getting stronger, try squating with very light weight and just see how your body reacts. I had to do the same thing, my tore my acl during a basketball game. I am finally squatting and throwing up some decent weight (for us tall skinny kids).

Haven't tried dead lifts yet but will this cycle. Good luck bro
    Last edited by skyline04; 05-26-2005 at 07:18 PM.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    testing testing protein

so if you type the word "protein" you automaticly plug allsport
    Last edited by craneboy; 06-01-2005 at 05:18 AM.

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    I am 6'3" and started out at 169 in 2000 I am 235 about 12%bf The thing I had to learn is this. Eat eat eat adn then train with only compund movements ie.

db flat and incline press and flys
    standing military press
    closegrip press and skull crushers
    pull up and bb rows
    straght bar curls and hammer curls
    DEAD LIFTS AND SQUATS

Never even bother with preacher curls kickbacks pushdowns. Dont worry about the small stuff right now hit the majors and go!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Same principles apply no matter what your height.
    agreed. you may have to bump up your intake of cals.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    i am 6'4 and i was up to 260 for a while... little sloppy to be honest.. but still big... I could have leaned it out if i hadn't gotten injured! anyways.. best advice is EAT!!! all day every day... good cals bad cals.. as many as you can get... if you want to be huge you gotta eat huge... do it!

Thread Information