tretch187 is offline Associate Member

Cardio During Cutting

I usually do cardio in the morning on empty at 65-75 MHR. Sometimes I do two a days and I had a question about this...

How often can I get away with doing the 2 cardio sessions a day? Only a couple times a week? Or, since its such light cardio....can I get away with doing it almost every day without running myself down?

Jake

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    once/day, dont do it twice/day, well if you want to loose muscle at a faster pace then do it twice

Where you pullin this from? I know some people from these boards do the cardio (65-75%MHR) twice a day at times, including mods.

Whats your reasoning?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    You can do it twice a day. Usually if Its comp time thats when 2 times a day comes into play. A lot of people do it first thing in the morning then a little while after their first meal.

IMO if you have to resort to 2/day sessions you either didnt time your diet right or your diet just isnt right...

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    IMO if you have to resort to 2/day sessions you either didnt time your diet right or your diet just isnt right...
    I dunno bro a lot of competitors swear by it. I am going to try it in the fall. it brings you in much harder. I will only do 20 minutes in the evening though, nothing rediculous

cool i dunno ive never tried so i cant really say it doesnt work but just it's just the thought of it i guess, but if you're really serious about comps i guess, but i just think you'd get too worn out...

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    In jay cutlers vid he wakes up at like 1am goes in and does 45 mins then again at 8am. He obviously times it so he has an empty stomach, and recovers his glycogen for his afternoon weight session.

these cardio sessions aren't exactly intense though. Its just a walk on an incline....

I guess even that could do something. I could have sworn I saw Swolecat saying something about it. I could be wrong.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    I usually do cardio in the morning on empty at 65-75 MHR. Sometimes I do two a days and I had a question about this...

How often can I get away with doing the 2 cardio sessions a day? Only a couple times a week? Or, since its such light cardio....can I get away with doing it almost every day without running myself down?

Jake
    Realistically you cannot do it twice a day everyday because at some point you have to weight train, and I personally would never suggest doing cardio after weights (mixing of aerobics w/anaerobics). You could do the two-a-days on "off" days from weight training, yes, but make sure your dietary plan of attack supports those extended efforts.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Realistically you cannot do it twice a day everyday because at some point you have to weight train, and I personally would never suggest doing cardio after weights (mixing of aerobics w/anaerobics). You could do the two-a-days on "off" days from weight training, yes, but make sure your dietary plan of attack supports those extended efforts.

~SC~
    What if my dietar plan of attack is the one you gave me?

Jake

Then you should probably be consulting with me in e-mail about what your best plan of attack is based upon what you have accomplished thus far. I don't handle personal business on the board here.

Thanks!

~SC~

Legions 9 is offline New Member
    Swolecat, cardio after weight training is the only way to go. You should read some articals on this. You're never suppose to do cardio before training with weights. I lost 50lbs in about 2mths by eating nothing but Proteins & Fats and doing cardio 3 - 4 times a week.

CAPS......

Quote Originally Posted by Legions 9
    Swolecat, cardio after weight training is the only way to go.

NO THANKS, I NEVER ADVISE MIXING AEROBICS W/ANAEROBICS. DO A SEARCH HERE AS TO WHY, I'VE COVERED IT A PLETHORA OF TIMES.

You should read some articals on this.

UHHHH, YEAH...........

You're never suppose to do cardio before training with weights.

WHO SAID THAT? THAT'S AN EVEN MORE ASSININE IDEA.

I lost 50lbs in about 2mths by eating nothing but Proteins & Fats and doing cardio 3 - 4 times a week.
    CONGRATS, BUT THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO W/WHAT WE WERE DISCUSSING.

THANKS,
    ~SC~

Legions 9 is offline New Member
    read articals that you posted? Swole, you're no expert on any of this. I highly doubt you have any type of degree that certifies you to write these articals. You should try reading some articals by people with bacholer degrees on the subject. The people who are paid $140,000 a year to research the body and figure out what makes it work. These are the people that say NO CARDIO BEFORE WEIGHT TRAINING. These are the people that ENCOURAGE you to do cardio after workout and after you're post-workout meal. lol.. you should visit some professional body building sites (I.E. www.jaycutler.com) and view their workout. Notice how they don't run early in the morning.. on empty stomachs.. or they never do cardio pre-work out. Maybe some lite cardio to warm up the knees for squats or to get the blood circulating.

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    lol yeah just like in muscle mags you can become a pro using cell tech and nitro tech!

Pics Legion?

Lets see um....I am sure your "ripped"

By far the funniest part right here....

"You should try reading some articals by people with bacholer degrees on the subject."

Way to set that bar HIGH bro.... bachelor's degree *whistles* DAMN LOL

Jake
    Last edited by tretch187; 06-01-2005 at 06:15 AM.

BWAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

I guess you really don't know who I am.

It's okay, in due time.

~SC~

read articals that you posted? Swole, you're no expert on any of this. I highly doubt you have any type of degree that certifies you to write these articals. You should try reading some articals by people with bacholer degrees on the subject. The people who are paid $140,000 a year to research the body and figure out what makes it work. These are the people that say NO CARDIO BEFORE WEIGHT TRAINING. These are the people that ENCOURAGE you to do cardio after workout and after you're post-workout meal. lol.. you should visit some professional body building sites (I.E. www.jaycutler.com) and view their workout. Notice how they don't run early in the morning.. on empty stomachs.. or they never do cardio pre-work out. Maybe some lite cardio to warm up the knees for squats or to get the blood circulating.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    lol yeah just like in muscle mags you can become a pro using cell tech and nitro tech!
    Yeah, exactly!

~SC~

BWAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

I guess you really don't know who I am.

It's okay, in due time.

~SC~
    Seriously Swole....step aside. Let the trainer's at 24-hour fitness step up and drop the real knowledge. Sorry bro, but this scam could only last so long before you were found out lol j/k

Jake

BTW, since you are so gassed up on Jay Cutler and believing what you read for the sales of supplements, Jay does 1/2 hour of EMPTY STOMACH CARDIO DAILY.

Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    Seriously Swole....step aside. Let the trainer's at 24-hour fitness step up and drop the real knowledge. Sorry bro, but this scam could only last so long before you were found out lol j/k

Jake

I wake up this morning to being told I don't know what I am talking about.

I love it, I really do! Laughter is the best medicine!

~SC~

You should try reading some articals by people with bacholer degrees on the subject. The people who are paid $140,000 a year to research the body and figure out what makes it work. These are the people that say NO CARDIO BEFORE WEIGHT TRAINING.
    You mean ARTICLES, right??

Try to understand this, really, slow down and COMPREHEND.

I said the EXACT SAME THING, it's ASSININE to do BEFORE WEIGHTS. No one ever mentioned doing it BEFORE WEIGHTS, which is why I asked, "WHO SAID THAT???????"

You need to actually slow down and understand what you read.

Now, where's my $140,000????

Too funny, but a waste of time.

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    i take it u haven’t been on this site long, im a premiere personal trainer with 6 qualifications,, but I think id still rather listen to what swoll has to say,, than the people that taught me lol

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    anyway qualifications dont mean $hit this is a Lifestyle thing u live it...

hahahahhahahahahahhahaha your funny.... Almost ALL Bodybuilders do cardio on an empty tank. Nobody does it before as Swole said.. haha ya swole doesnt know what hes talking about

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    BTW, since you are so gassed up on Jay Cutler and believing what you read for the sales of supplements, Jay does 1/2 hour of EMPTY STOMACH CARDIO DAILY.

Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

~SC~
    Yup the video I have he does it empty stomach both times

Thread Information