Luke is offline Associate Member

Extreme fatigue and dizziness b/w sets and during workout! - help!

Hey bros!
    It's the third time during past 2 weeks that I had to stop my workout. This is pissing me off, but I'm also getting worried. It can't be overtraining since I just went back to working out 2 weeks ago and I'm only doing 1-1.5 hr workouts. What happens? Well, first of all, after doing the first few sets I get really dizzy, I feel like puking and can't catch focus with my eyes. For some reason I'm noticing that this happens when I take diet pills or epherdine, but it happened without them as well.
    And it's not going away after a few minutes. At the end of each set if I were to get up, I would probably faint or puke!
    The second thing is that for triceps and biceps especially I noticed very fast fatigue. For instance, if I do preacher curls with 100 lbs, 8 reps to failure, wait 3 minutes and I will not be able to do even 4! The same goes for triceps... when I do bench press, my triceps are gone after second set, and there goes my ability to do more sets of bench... Any ideas?

Thank yous.

Oh, and I do breathe during the reps :-)))

I forgot to mention, I also started takin gcreatine last week, but I dont think that would have the effect on the fatigue? Probably the opposite? (I take it 1hr. before workout). Hmmm... it's 7 months old... but still...

jbrand is offline Member

Re: Extreme fatigue and dizziness b/w sets and during workout! - help!

Originally posted by Luke
    Hey bros!
    It's the third time during past 2 weeks that I had to stop my workout. This is pissing me off, but I'm also getting worried. It can't be overtraining since I just went back to working out 2 weeks ago and I'm only doing 1-1.5 hr workouts. What happens? Well, first of all, after doing the first few sets I get really dizzy, I feel like puking and can't catch focus with my eyes. For some reason I'm noticing that this happens when I take diet pills or epherdine, but it happened without them as well.
    And it's not going away after a few minutes. At the end of each set if I were to get up, I would probably faint or puke!
    The second thing is that for triceps and biceps especially I noticed very fast fatigue. For instance, if I do preacher curls with 100 lbs, 8 reps to failure, wait 3 minutes and I will not be able to do even 4! The same goes for triceps... when I do bench press, my triceps are gone after second set, and there goes my ability to do more sets of bench... Any ideas?

Thank yous.
    Have you tried ingesting a liquid (protein shake) meal approx 1 hour prior to your workout? I have had experiences of gettign extremely lightheaded lifting heavy more than 2 hours after eating, especially with ephedrine.

Re: Re: Extreme fatigue and dizziness b/w sets and during workout! - help!

Originally posted by jbrand

Have you tried ingesting a liquid (protein shake) meal approx 1 hour prior to your workout? I have had experiences of gettign extremely lightheaded lifting heavy more than 2 hours after eating, especially with ephedrine.
    No, I haven't tried that. Is it protein drink or carbs? (I'm trying to figure out how protein might help)...

Thank you.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    it could be several causes but you might want to get some blood work done, talk it over with the doc, you might be defecient in iron or something. Whats your diet like ? have you increased food intake to keep up with the new demands on the body? are you taking any multivitamins? and the creatine......well i dont use it after a month of opening it because i read that it loses potency after a month but thats just me........HITMAN

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I had this problem when I went back to working out after getting my jaw broken. Like Hitman said- be sure to get your vits. I did some low weight-high rep endurance workouts for two weeks gradually raising the weight befor I got back into my usual routine.

Thank you all for the advices!

Cheers.

jbrand is offline Member

Re: Re: Re: Extreme fatigue and dizziness b/w sets and during workout! - help!

Originally posted by Luke

No, I haven't tried that. Is it protein drink or carbs? (I'm trying to figure out how protein might help)...

Thank you.
    Well, it is just habit for me to have a protein shake an hour prior to the gym. Although the carbohydrates seem to be the important aspect in regard to dizziness/fatigue. if glucose levels are too low you are bound to pass out if pushed to a certain limit. One of those "fuel" type drinks they sell at most gyms might do you some good.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Glutamine.. plenty of carbs, and plenty of water during and before your workouts..

Thread Information