stan66 is offline Junior Member

What will hit inner head of the tricep???

It seems as though my triceps are getting bigger/fuller, but the one part lacking is the inner head(closer to chest when arms at side,just for clarification). What kind of exercises/movements can help me get it up to par with the rest of the tricep??? Right now my routine for them looks like:

Closegrip Bench 10,8,6,4
    Skulls 12,10,8,6
    Cable pulldowns,pressdowns,whatever the hell you want to call them 12,10,8,6
    Dips 15,12,10,10
    Kickbacks(thrown in every other workout to mix it up) 12,10,8,6

What should i add, or get rid of, or anything changed at all??
    Don't get me wrong, this is a decent workout for my tris but it is the inner portion that seems to get neglected......

Thanks in advance, Stan.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Get the rope, attach it to the pulldown, do tricep push downs like normal, except at the bottom...push the ropes out, forcing each tricep to work equally as hard. AWESOME EXERCISE! It always makes me sore.

Thanks

I was actually staring that rope down last time I was doing tris!! In between sets i was trying to figure out what I could do for the inner head and was thinking about using it, but did not want to do it if it wasn't going to put the emphasis on the inner head...since I really don't need any extra exercises for the outer head.... Thanks again.

postel is offline Junior Member
    I always find that a heavy kick back works my inner tri perfectly. I always include these in my workout, ensuring that I hold and squeeze the contraction as hard as I can. They always make me feel like i've worked them hard

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    PaPaPumP got it the rope it also helps to chisle(sp) that horse shoe look

Thanks. I just tried some out today after doing chest. It felt pretty good but had to move the weight down from what i do with the regular pushdowns...it was alot harder to keep the arms locked and not swinging. Any other suggestions for it??

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Try one-arm overhead DB extensions. They always work for me. I do them first so I can a little heavier, at the top squeeze for peak contraction and release slowly. They're a great workout.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by stan66
    Thanks. I just tried some out today after doing chest. It felt pretty good but had to move the weight down from what i do with the regular pushdowns...it was alot harder to keep the arms locked and not swinging. Any other suggestions for it??
    Nope, you're doing it exactly right. You are not supposed to be able to do the same weight as normal pushdowns with a straight bar or cambered bar. It is much harder for at the bottom for each tricep to give an extra push, and that's what makes it so effective. I'll be doing some tomorrow, I'll tell you on Thursday how good I did.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    You might try some reverse grip pulldowns.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure if everyone will know what I am talking about when I say reverse grip pulldowns. So here is an explaination.

Get a short straight bar and hook it up where you are doing your triceps. You can grip the bar wide or narrow which ever you feel more comfortable with. Stand facing the bar and grip the bar with your palms facing towards you. Keep your elbows locked and pulldown. Squeeze at the end and then return to your starting position slowly.

bad dude is offline New Member
    rebelman I find that that works well.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    what worked for me is to do like papapump with a rope then do them over head

what i do is using rope on cable is get on my knees and go over head but not pushing up but straight out slightly toward floor---worked great for me

Thread Information