Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member

Arms, upper back, upper chest, no traps tho

Okay, I want to do things that target certain muscle groups, but there are also muscles I dislike. I want suggestions on techniques that are tailored to these things.

Round strayated shoulders
    Biceps
    Triceps
    Upper chest
    Upper back, but not the traps

I want to make my stomach/waist smaller... but, the thing with that is, I don't have a lot of bf to lose there. Am I screwed? Or would doing stomach and oblique exercises actually hold tighter my mid section?

My arms arent growing as fast as I'd like, so my question is, what is geared towards developing them, (exercise wise) and how many sets?

I don't even know the protocol of bg info to get good answers, but if someone will give me a direction to go in, I'd be happy to comply.

Thanks

T

Legions 9 is offline New Member
    Wow.. this is tricky. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it's possible to work out your back and get it in the kind of shape that you want w/o developing some traps. Even if you don't do Shrugs, you're still working your Traps when doing the Delts.

Anyways, as for size on the biceps... that's currently what I'm working on. I've read a ton of articals and they all suggest the same... EAT ALOT! Proteins & good sources of Fats. Not sure about the sets. I think some would agree that doing heavy weights & low reps will add mass.

I first started working out when I was 17. I guess I have genetics for this because I swole up after 3mths of training. Lost over 50lbs. 18" biceps.

I was eating nothing but natural Proteins & Fats. 20g of Carbs /day (which mostly came from Old Fashioned Peanut Butter) and cardio 4 - 5x a week.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Okay, I want to do things that target certain muscle groups, but there are also muscles I dislike. I want suggestions on techniques that are tailored to these things.

Round strayated shoulders - military press
    Biceps - hammer curls
    Triceps - dips
    Upper chest - incline bench
    Upper back, but not the traps - t-bar rows

I want to make my stomach/waist smaller... but, the thing with that is, I don't have a lot of bf to lose there. Am I screwed? Or would doing stomach and oblique exercises actually hold tighter my mid section? change your diet, cut carbs, increase protein

My arms arent growing as fast as I'd like, so my question is, what is geared towards developing them, (exercise wise) and how many sets? hammercurls for thickness, dumbell/preacher curls for peak

I don't even know the protocol of bg info to get good answers, but if someone will give me a direction to go in, I'd be happy to comply.

Thanks

T

deadlifts will get your back, arms & traps thicker.

add them to your back lift.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    To kill two birds with one stone, try concentrating on your anterior deltoid for your round shoulders and big upper back. With upper chest, stick with a variation of high to even higher incline flies and presses concentrating on the lower part of the movements and for arms, man, don't know. From my experience everyone's arms respond different. Just gotta work through trial and error my man.

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    why dont u want your traps bigger? are u un-symmetrical (sp?)

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    id still work out my traps if i were you, itll only be a matter of time before the rest of your body catches up with them anyway

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I just don't really like the way they look. I know it's crazy, but, I don't like that body part. Otherwise, HOLY Fvcking SHIAT! You guys ROCK! This is the best response to any post I've ever posted. No negativity, no insults, no arguments, and good suggestions that I will certainly try.

The thing is tho, with regards to my mid section, I know there are two things for certain that will help... but in the end, my question still persists ...

1. I KNOW getting leaner will make it smaller, but I'm at 12% right now, and even when I pull my skin tight to get an idea of how big my body underneath the fat is, it's still not small. I mean, some motherfvckers have tiny waists, and I would LOVE to also.

2. Give the illussion by having a larger upper body, but still, this is only an illussion, and honestly, I don't want a huge upper body...

So in the end it will come back to this. Will developing my abs/lower back/obliques make my mid section only larger as the muscle grows? I mean, lets face it, if the muscle gets developed, it gets bigger, and this means a LARGER mid section, not smaller ... UNLESS! through the first part of developing the muscles it will actually hold TIGHTER the organs underneath and the resting tension increases ... innevitably, there would be a point where this would not work, if it even would at all. Anyway, this is just an idea I'm kicking around, do you guys have any knowledge on this?

I hardly work out that area... I know, it's stupid, but I've been procrastinating incorporating that.

Also, it's asymmetrical, but as long as I know what you mean it's adequate. This is a body building forum, not grammar school, and your question was understood to mean this ... am I disproportioned? And the answer is, not really. I mean, I WANT to be disproportioned... lol. I think we all do to some degree - in our pursuit of making our body a reflection to our own perception of human beauty. God guys, this is really the best form of self expression that exists... the playground in which we make our bodies the reflection of our own perception of health, masculinity, proportion and balance. How could anyone think buying a car or some clothes would ever be as important a means of self expression as fitness?

Thanks for all your help! All opinions are welcomed!

Sorry for seeming so sentimental, and before anyone asks, I'm DEFINITELY straight.
    Last edited by Two4the$$; 06-02-2005 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information