j.r.w. is offline Associate Member

Question Small calves!!!!!!!!

Has anyone out there had a problem with puny calves and found a solution to fixing them? What has worked for people with this problem, if anything? Ive tried calf injections, high reps, and now Im trying heavy, low reps.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    if you live in california..the common method is calf implants...like breat for women but for men!! yea right, phuck that,, how wierd would that be.....high reps buddy and switch it up and with heavy weight and low reps 2. when i say low i mean like 10.

Reiki is offline New Member
    Just work them more without over training them and they will grow, I dont have that problem but it works for my problem areas

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i got very good calves its probably genetics
    but i suggest u try things like when u lift u role on ur big toe then on another excercise ur little toes that works both fibers
    i suggest the seated calve excercise u do real heavy weight with bout 6 to 8 reps or so
    then a excercise where u do standing up or donkey raises. ofcourse u keep ur legs dead straight do full range of movement but u want the weight to be heavy but you want to be able to get in bout 10 to 15 reps i suggest thats what i do seems to work for me

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your puny calves are genetic welcome to the club.......good luck.

smallmuscles is offline New Member
    Yep! Calves are genetics. Im one of the lucky ones who never has to work them out. Sorry guys

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Calves are a bitch! you just have to find what works for you, I’ve always had trouble with mine go through reps high, low, see what happens good luck..

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    mine are genetically small.. and small again now... haha.. but I got them to grow pretty good before.. I even got stretch marks... hit your calves 3 days a week... mon wed fri... do standing and seated for 4 sets each... do the standing HEAVY... not to argue with the other guy... but yeah.. something like 15 12 10 8... but make sure your struggling my friend! if your legs aint shaking your doing something wrong... then hit the seated calf raise for like 20-25 and 18 15 12... something like that... anyways.. it worked for me... o and another thing.. a good pair of shoes is actually helpful.. i used to use tennis shoes but I invested in a pair of Otomix and let me tell you... its a world of difference... doesn't feel sloppy anymore!

yeah u need some good shoes for calves

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j.r.w.
    Has anyone out there had a problem with puny calves and found a solution to fixing them? What has worked for people with this problem, if anything? Ive tried calf injections, high reps, and now Im trying heavy, low reps.

squats and deads.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    Do them EVERY F#CKING DAY... you will grow... calves can take it... trust me... ESPECIALLY if your using AS... they WILL grow... if you have the will to succeed you will!

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    walking walking walking walking............. shouldn't work them out more that 2 times/8-10 days

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    squats and deads.
    thank you. My theory is that a bigger slab of quad will yield a proportional increase in calf muscle

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    i have natuarally small calfs, even with alot of hard work they are still small. it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    thank you. My theory is that a bigger slab of quad will yield a proportional increase in calf muscle
    those lifts have an overall body effect

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    I like what DC training prescribes for them....

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    I like what DC training prescribes for them....

Jake

and whats that?

Search button?

lol, just playin....I will post it up in a bit. I am sure someone will beat me to it though.

Jake

Here be the quote from the DC forums....

"CALVES: my weak body part that I couldn't get up too par until 2 years ago when I finally thought it out and figured out how to make them grow (with only one set twice a week too) I don't need to stretch calves after because when I do calves I explode on the positive and take 5 seconds to get back to full stretch and then 15 seconds at the very bottom "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand etc" --15 seconds stretching at the bottom thinking and trying to flex my toes toward my shin--it is absolutely unbearable and you will most likely be shaking and want to give up at about 7 reps (I always go for 12reps with maximum weights)--do this on a hack squat or a leg press--my calves have finally taken off due to this."

Hope this helps,
    Jake

dirtymike is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    walking walking walking walking............. shouldn't work them out more that 2 times/8-10 days
    Walking ain't gonna do shit buddy. Work them Mon, Wed, Fri like 100% natural said. They'll grow. It just takes time

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    Work em twice a week: one high rep day and one low rep day. Remember to do em slowly and not bounce in the bottom position (extremly important). Stand on one leg when you brush your teeth and do calf raises. Borrow your gf high heeled shows and walk around at home. Do Donkey raises and seated calf raises one day and standing calf machine and calfs in leg press the other. Walk alot, bike alot. Play basketball.

LMAO
    borrow ur gf high heels
    LOL............

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    ive switched from reps anywhere from 8-15 to reps from 20-30 and i feel that they are growing a bit more now... ill do 2 sets of 25 on donkey raises then ill do 2 sets of 25 on standing raises then ill do 2 sets of 25 on seated raises, and at the end ill go back to the standing calve machine and do a light set of about 75-100 to burn them out....(kicks ass) be sure to stretch those bad boys out though or u wont be able to walk right lol ill do that around 2-3times a wk and it seems to be kicking ass so far

i do max like 2 exc on same day
    heaviest i can go....
    with most reps i can get in.........
    full range motion no bouncing seem to work....

Thread Information