Thread: Pain in Elbow

rfbulletdude is offline Junior Member

Pain in Elbow

hey guys, i recently changed my workout routine from more reps with lighter weight to more weight with lower reps. i've been on it for two weeks. towards the end of the second week my left elbow has been killing me. i've never had joint pains so i cannot say specifically what type of injury it is. i think my joints are not used to lifting such heavy weights, even though my muscles are up to the task. i am 25, 6'2'', 190 lbs, ~15% body fat, and been working out for 2 years. i have never taken aas. is this something that should go away, or should i take some time off (1-2 weeks???). thanks for the input

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i started having pains in my elbows a few months ago, although i would not feel it during my workouts. it didn't seem to correspond to any particular workout (i.e. chest day, back day, etc.), but i do play baseball every sunday.

the pain would seem to randomly appear in either one, or sometimes both elbows when i woke up in the morning. one day i was at the batting cages and i think i hyperextended my right elbow, i took about 2 weeks off from chest workouts (it only hurt when i extended my arm).

since i started doing chest again i have been doing more reps, less weight (225x8 for 3 instead of 235x6, 245x4, 255x3). I also have only played 1 baseball game since then. I don't know if the weight was just too hard on my joints and that wore them down or if it was from poor form in my baseball swing, but i haven't had any pain since coming back.

rfbulletdude is offline Junior Member
    well ty for your response. i guess i'll take a week off and just split legs into two days so i dont feel completely worthless. anytime i use my arm it hurts. i hope its not arthritis!!!!!!!! i'm only 25 and i'll feel old

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    its more then likely tendonitis, rest it, use heat before, then ice it afterwards!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by rfbulletdude
    well ty for your response. i guess i'll take a week off and just split legs into two days so i dont feel completely worthless. anytime i use my arm it hurts. i hope its not arthritis!!!!!!!! i'm only 25 and i'll feel old

def not arthitis!

feel better.

ice & heat it

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    i have had hurtin elbows b4 wen doin heavy tri movements and grapplin, i use icy-hot n a deoderant stick while workin out n it eased the pain but i took off about 2weeks and iced it

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    make sure your nutrition is up to point as well, I find that periods when I neglect my diet and slack off on protein intake I all my joints get painfull especially my knees,don't be afaid to eat, get your water and multi and try glucosamine 2 to 3 times a day
    it helps a bit and prevents other problems in the long term

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    I have tendonitis in both elbows and it comes and goes. Definitely worse in the left elbow. Sometimes mine hurts so F'n bad I wouldn't be able to move my arm or lift light objects for a few days. I like to do really light weight for 10 or more reps when it acts up, it seems to make it feel better. Also, doing single set exercises temporarily will help cut down the overall load on the joint. The only other suggestion I would have is use an ice pack as soon as you feel the pain coming on.

Thread Information