Thread: Scary Sh!t

rfbulletdude is offline Junior Member

Scary Sh!t

guys i just got done working out my legs. its the first time i've worked out my legs in months, its the only thing i do not workout on a regular basis, and yes i know that its impt to hit legs just like every other body part. well here is the dilemma, towards the end of my workout i start getting rapid heart beat, and i do meant rapid. i start breathing hard and everything. so i stop, and start stretching while i rest. i didnt want to leave right away bc i figured if something wrong, better w/ peep around to help then drive back and pass out on road. well like 7 min later i leave and it starts back up again. i seriously started praying. would have called 911 or my mom buy i was seriously so short of breath i couldnt talk. i was contimplating going to the hosptial on way back, but by the time i came to the exit i started feeling somewhat ok, so i went back home. well now i am here, and it still feels like i jsut got done running a mile or so. this a sign of high blood pressure, or irregular heart beat???

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    are you takin anything with ephedra in it?

also, i remember a while back i trained legs and i guess i hit them real hard because i had a cold sweat, nausea, and i think rapid heart beat. it felt real shitty, i'm thinkin that all my blood and lactic acid was in my legs and that's why i got like that

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    go see a doc that's not normal

yeah almost went to the ER. made appoint w/ dr for tuesday. i've been taking thermorexin (2 for bkfast, 2 for lunch) for like 4 weeks, and had no problems and all. not taking any other stimulants (no caffeine) and drinking LOTS of water. i've had allergic reactions in the past, doctors didnt know what it was, but that only gave me shortness of breath and tightness of chest. this time was diff though, on top of the above symptoms i had rapid and what i thought to be irregular heart beat. neways, i've stopped taking thermorexin for time being and working out until i see doctor. think i got heart arrhythmia, but we will see.

hope you're ok be carefull man!

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    I get extremely light headed, dizzy, and nauseous when I work out really hard. After about 2 - 3 exercises, I have to take a 5 minute break and catch my breath and then continue. I have asthma, or at least something similar, called bronchial airway disease. Whenever my body is put under physical stress, my bronchial tubes close up really tight and I get very very little oxygen into my lungs. I also have allergies and sometimes my allergies trigger my airway disease stuff. You might have something similar. Maybe try resting a few times during your workout. Do a couple of exercises really hard, resting your normal amount in between each set, and then rest for a full 3 - 5 minutes or so, catch your breath, then continue on to another couple. Worth a try at least.

I have asthma and I used to be affected by it a lot but if you start doing some intense cardio, maybe 10 to 20 min interval running 2-3 times a week, it really helps with breathing.But listen to your body! if you can't catch your breath,feel light headed or feel pain in your chest during the excercise STOP.. for the first couple of weeks I used my inhaller before and after my cardio but I don't use it anymore now because I greatly improved my breathing. some people can argue about doing intense cardio for bodybuilding but if you get short of breath during weightlifting and other activities signifies you have a lack of cardiovascular endurance(and I'm not talking about fat burning cardio either!)

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    I get the same thing when I do legs. It's like coming down off coke... very bad.

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    I hope it's nothing man. I was going to say possibly caffeine, but you said you weren't taking any, but I hope everything goes good for you.

sounds like hypoglycemia, combination of glucose clearance from stimulants and high intensity workout (legs usually is quite depleting).

either eat closer to your workout or take some carbs during (gatorade or other)

update: blood work showed very high serum creatine levels. doc told me to get some more blood work done, and not to workout 3 days before hand. i am not taking creatine, nor have done so recently (last time was 2 months ago). i read online that it is present in bodybuilders (which i am not), and is symptom for various diseases. here is a site, the first guy had similar symptoms of mine: http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.o.../full/42/1/186

i'll get my exact values when i got to the docs office, only talked to him on phone.

ok got my results back: creatine kinase, total, serum is 3312 U/L. normal level for the average adult male is 22-198 U/L. there are three types of CK - CK1, CK2, and CK3. further analysis of the CK showed it was 100% CK3, which is that of the muscle. i have yet to speak w/ the doc, the follow up is next week. i only spoke to the tech guy. i'll prob read some stuff on the net, any body have experience or is knowledgable of this?
    Last edited by rfbulletdude; 06-15-2005 at 01:59 PM.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    sounds like hypoglycemia, combination of glucose clearance from stimulants and high intensity workout (legs usually is quite depleting).

either eat closer to your workout or take some carbs during (gatorade or other)
    Can you get this even if you eat a banana like 15 mins before you workout? I've been feeling like utter sh-t in the gym lately. I get really tired, light headed, nauseous and my ears pop and I can't hear what people are saying. When I'm done, the nausea stays and I feel like fainting and I don't get any appetite for like 30+ mins. Since its summer, I've been cutting (read: eating less) and I'm pretty sure that I'm in calorie deficit. I figure all this comes from that, but thats why I have a very large banana before working out...it used to work great, but not really anymore.

Thread Information