chest6 is offline Banned

Muscle Recovery/Cardio

I was wondering If doing cardio in between workouts messes with your normal muscle recovery. I have heard if you workout one day and then cardio your muscles are recovering from the workout, and then you delay the process because they have to repair themselves after your cardio session. I did squats yesterday and this morning I was sore as hell because I hadn't done them in 3 weeks because I f**ked up my knee. So will cardio mess with my muscle recovery and cause me to not rebuild as strong as I would have been if I hadn't done cardio?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i don't think so bro i'am not 100% but i think i remeber SC saying he dose cardio after training his leg's the night before and it help's

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I was wondering If doing cardio in between workouts messes with your normal muscle recovery. I have heard if you workout one day and then cardio your muscles are recovering from the workout, and then you delay the process because they have to repair themselves after your cardio session. I did squats yesterday and this morning I was sore as hell because I hadn't done them in 3 weeks because I f**ked up my knee. So will cardio mess with my muscle recovery and cause me to not rebuild as strong as I would have been if I hadn't done cardio?
    it all depends on how the cardio is done.
    low intensity moderate time should be just fine and in fact help you with your muscle recovery. in fact every serious trainee should always do a 10minute cool down session after training intense...do HIIT and you will only delay your recovery process

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thanks guys I read something about that somewhere and i didn't really agree with it..I'm going to start doing cardio 5 days a week on the morning on an empty stomach like I have been reading on here hopefully that will help me shred a little bodyfat.

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    g luck keep us updated

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I do cardio in the a.m. after leg day or any day for that matter and I'm fine. It can actually speed the recovery process by removing lactic acid buildup. You won't "SHRINK" from doing cardio and working the most important muscle of all (the heart), as long as you eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day.

~SC~

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I do cardio in the a.m. after leg day or any day for that matter and I'm fine. It can actually speed the recovery process by removing lactic acid buildup. You won't "SHRINK" from doing cardio and working the most important muscle of all (the heart), as long as you eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day.

~SC~
    when you say cardio won't "shrink" you up, are you talking about fat burning cardio or higher intensity?(I'm 21 so that would mean 70% of my MHR would be 140 right? but that means I'm not even jogging, it means I walk a little faster then normal.. it seems that my idea of cardio should be at least a light jog.. I could be wrong..) so basically is my cardio to intense to lose fat (around 80-85% most of the time) and could that higher intensity cardio interfere with muscle growth? thanks in advance for the input guys!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    i tried jooging / running for 40 mins in the am it sucked i was ****ing tired and didnt see ne/minimal results and my workout strength decreased

try fast walking if ur outdoors , if u have a treadmill put it on incline 10% like 5 ks per hour i think thats kool

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    i tried jooging / running for 40 mins in the am it sucked i was ****ing tired and didnt see ne/minimal results and my workout strength decreased

try fast walking if ur outdoors , if u have a treadmill put it on incline 10% like 5 ks per hour i think thats kool
    probably because when most people run they're above their taget heart rate zone.

Thread Information