Thread: Kinda new

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member

Kinda new

Hello all,

I've recently dropped 55 lbs on a calorie reduced diet

Now here's the issue, I'm moderately paranoid about gaining fat back; according to the gym I have 7.3% body fat, would you agree?

my goals:

1. to drop the last couple of pounds of fat, just so I am able to see my abs (it's depressing to come all this way, and not have definition)

2. Gain some quality mass without too much overall fat

My diet consists of 2500 calories, 5 meals; I work out 5 days a week, alternating 3 workouts (chest/shoulders; back/tris; legs/biceps) with saturday and sunday off

I do cardio daily, usually consisting of 30 minutes on the treadmill

I could REALLY use your help, and thanks in advance for your comments!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kinda new-103_1249a.jpg   Kinda new-103_1252.jpg  

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    Pics are dark man! just check out the stickys for info.. I'd recommend eating 6 meals a day and going on a bulking diet.. you won't gain that much fat(5 lbs of fat at most if you calibrate it right) and you'll see a lot more definition in you're entire body(+ that extra muscle burns fat on a nonstop basis and makes it that much more easy to drop the fat, start doing a lot of heavy compound movements and make sure you have a place for every part of your body(sucks having one part of your body lagging behind) and make sur you put some importance on abs, go a bit heavier if want them to start popping out and don't forget your obliques! I saw that had hardly any and that extra muscle on the sides really helps to stretch out that bit of loose skin giving you that extra definition
    well hope I could be of help keep going man, I lost 100lbs of fat give or take and I know the dedication it takes! keep it up

thanks gluta

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think ur at 7% bf. but its hard to tell. i woudl say 10-12%. good job on losing the weight. i think u should concentrate more on gaining muscle then cuttin more fat. once u gain more muscle u will be more defined.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    i dont think ur at 7% bf. but its hard to tell. i woudl say 10-12%. good job on losing the weight. i think u should concentrate more on gaining muscle then cuttin more fat. once u gain more muscle u will be more defined.

all I know is what I was told... although they're probably wrong...

the gym said I was 7%, but that's after redoing it cause I went from 7% 3 weeks before to 12% that week

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    dont forget to workout ur traps too.

furiousburn is offline Junior Member
    You can't add mass on a reduced calorie diet. I suggest you post in the diet forum and include your age, height and current weight. Imo at 2500 you are probably not getting enough calories lifting 5 days and doing cardio 7. If you create a calorie deficit of more than 500 calories/day you are definately losing muscle mass.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    lots of protein lots of clean carbs thats all i can say

diezell is offline Senior Member
    o yeah and congrats on losing the weigt!

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    yeah congrats 55 pounds is alot to lose. Now you should deff. focus on putting some meat on those bones.

Thread Information