ultimo is offline Associate Member

mix responses on cardio

ok bros

im trying to lose weight. i posted my pics on the pics post thing haha.

i kicked my cardio up to 45 minutes last week, leaned out the most i have since i started. i was doing 30 minutes before.

i use the stepper, level 7 out of 15.

some guys have told me its to long...and to intense...others have said to use HIIT.

swole cat: you told me to stay away for HIIT for now, i was curious why.

also i thought of this...pros dont do cardio for 20 minutes to rip up for shows...why should i feel that i can to? (not that im going into a show but you see what im getting at.)

my diet is fine, this is strictly a cardio question.

maybe HIIT would be better when i lean down to where im around 8 or 9% bf...im not sure. but for now this seems to be working. i take glutamine before i do my am cardio to prevent catabolism and all that bad muscle eating stuff.

so should i keep going with whats working and switch it later? or keep at 45 minutes and bump it up every could weeks?

also...i cannot moniter my heart rate, but i dont think i could carry on a good conversation on it...i am panting toward the end and stuff...but it could just be from fatigue and the fact that its 5:45 in the morning when i do it...haha

maybe drop it to level 6 or 5?

PLEASE HELP BROS!

colossus1 is offline Member
    If your diet is clean as hell and dead on............brisk walking is all you should need for cardio (depending on your goals ofcourse).

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Oh no, the dreaded cardio discussion again.

Just do a search like "SwoleCat cardio advice" or something like that, and you'll find all you need to know. I've gone over this a zillion times.

Peace,
    ~SC~

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Why can't you monitor your heart rate? Most cardio machine have built in heart rate monitors. Also if you have a little extra cash you can pick one up for around 50 to 70 dollars.

ultimo is offline Associate Member
    ok well i may invest in that

im going to go with the general rule of thumb that if i cant carry on a conversation im doing to much.

and im gonna keep teh time to 45 minutes

thanks for the responses bros, where do you buy a heart rate moniter anyways?

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Most sporting good stores should have them. Online and also walmart. They carry one of the lower end Polar brand monitor which does all you will need.

Thread Information