Thread: 3/4 bigger ?!

LUKA is offline Junior Member

3/4 bigger ?!

Hey guys.
    I have a problem here.
    My right arm is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch bigger than a left one. It looks kind of funny. But the main problem is ..with the workout. Whenver Im doing curls my left arm just cant keep up with the right one. Happened couple of times when I was doing curls using the bar and I wanted to go as far as possible.. or go heavy on that .. i overtrained the left biceps. I just feel tha left arm is giving up when right one can still go for at least 2-4 more reps depending on how heavy I go. And Like I said..if I want to go even with the right arm.. I can easily overtrain the left one.
    What to do ?! Please help.

-Lucas
    Last edited by LUKA; 06-05-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Anyone ? :|

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    same problem here! I posted a thread and nobody really posted any real help.. I guess it's a common problem

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Are you guys using dumbells for curls? If you are try switching to a barbell curl that way tension is equal on both arms.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV
    Are you guys using dumbells for curls? If you are try switching to a barbell curl that way tension is equal on both arms.
    I disagree...if you're using a barbell for, say, curls..then your stronger arm will most likely have a tendency to bear the greater share of the load. With using DB's, then you know for a fact that each arm has lifted exactly the same amount of weight.

A possible solution would be to lift heavier weight with the smaller arm and then lift lighter weight with your larger arm. Hopefully over time that will balance things out.

Sounds like a good idea with going heavier on the weaker arm.
    Thanks a lot.. I will try that.. hope it helps.

-Lucas

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I disagree...if you're using a barbell for, say, curls..then your stronger arm will most likely have a tendency to bear the greater share of the load. With using DB's, then you know for a fact that each arm has lifted exactly the same amount of weight.

A possible solution would be to lift heavier weight with the smaller arm and then lift lighter weight with your larger arm. Hopefully over time that will balance things out.
    I could possibly see your point in your first statment. However when using a barbell if you are keeping it level it should be pretty evenly distributed(sp?) thus equal weight to both arms. Also using a heavy weight with barbell allows you to overload the weaker(smaller) arm with out having to detrain your dominant arm.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    just keep the training equal for each arm eventually the left will catch up

Malvino is offline New Member
    Use your left arm to mount all the weights. Do you play tennis or squash. Lots of sports that require one arm to do more work gives this result. Playing tennis i quickly notice one arm is quite larger then the other. Look at any tennis player. Im sure if your right arm ( or active arm is larger ) then your body has the potenial to grow your other arm that big maybe just give it extra attension (focus on your left more when you lift bb.

Thread Information