Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    You would be better off doing push ups/ pull ups/dips and grabbing a few 5 gallon buckets full of water. I will agree that it is better than nothing but lets keep it real.

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    The bowflex is PERFECT for a person who lives in an apartment building and works too much to get to a gym on a constant basis. Im not sure if im allowed to post this link but check out bowflex's new piece of equipment.

www.bowflexrevolution.com

They say it has a constant lifting curve like weights as opposed to the bows increasing resistance curve. The only bad thing about bowflex is the negative portion of the rep. The reason there is not equal amount of growth on the bowflex as opposed to free weights is that the negative portion gets easier on the way down, and we all know that we grow mostly on the negative. Other then that the bowflex is a very long lasting solid investment for the working professional who is not looking to be huge. Dont be fooled though you can get a very nice beach build w/ the bowflex. If you check out some non-bodybuilding forums and reviews of the bowflex the thing gets excellent reviews and why do you think every other home gym compares iteself to bowflex?

Bottom line- in a head to head comparison free weights will beat out bowflex. But bowflex is convenient, silent, safe, long lasting, space saving, and produces results. Plus now that gym memberships are about $500 a year in NY the bowflex is actually starting to look like a CHEAPER alternative.

chest6 is offline Banned
    seems like a waste of time to me..i love freeweights

1819 is offline Senior Member
    what about a bullworker?

GeeOweDee is offline Associate Member
    Well I own a bowflex and i can say yes it is good for toning but not body building and there are alot of workouts you can do with that one machine. But if anyones like me i just go to the gym more motivation there

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    I thought the bowflex was just a very expensive coat hanger?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    Stop using the word "toning"!!!!

To me...using that word with any kind of frequency usually proves you are a moron.
    spot on tretch

BadmamJama is offline New Member
    I am an avid bodybuilder. I have been at it since i was 17 and I am 23 now. I used a bowflex at my parents house about a month ago before I took thier boat out. I must say it is very different from free wieghts but I got a pretty good pump.

Dont waste your money if you are serious about bodydbuilding. A gym membership is cheaper and a Hell of alot better.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    the machine does work very well, I've used it at a good friend of mines a few times, he got into working out and I like most in this reply said "you could optimize your time with free weights" well, after trying it out with some quick change drop sets from incline bench straight to shoulder press straight to front and then side laterals it worked quite well. Of course this can be done in the gym but this is about home convienence.

I personally like the machine, I'm not into heavy heavy over 500 pound benchs anymore (cept I shoved 455 a while back on cycle) but the machine definately has its uses.

Its really good for some hard contractions and that is a very major component in what builds muscle, not just heavy heavy compound movements, how bout heavy heavy isolation exercises that WONT FALL ON YOUR NECK!!

(not your fault buddy hhehehe just using this as an injury that could have been avoided by using this machine) not that you should etc ... but, just fit the tie bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information