Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SRT-10 is offline New Member

Is bowflex for body builder or just toner?

is bowflex for body builderor just toner?

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I think it's safe to say that no bodybuilder of any merit uses a bowflex as his sole means to work out.
    Last edited by ginkobulloba; 06-05-2005 at 10:55 PM.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Bowflex is for suckers who dont know how to use free weights

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Bowflex is for suckers who dont know how to use free weights
    ...and have $$$ to waiste!

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    I personally own a bowflex. My parents bought it like 8 years ago when I was in junior high. I have used it maybe once in the past 6 years, its nice to have when you can't leave the house, or the gym is closed. I liked doing abs on it because you had great tension for abs. Bis and Tris weren't too bad on it either. Everything else you would be wasting your time. I am keeping the bowflex still so if I ever have a gf I can make her work out on it if she doesn't want to hit the free weights. Sounds ****ed up, but I can't have my girls getting out of shape if I'm busting my ass day in and day out.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    bowflex is for Decoration purposes only. or for couch potaotes who won't move more than few feet to pull some bullcrab "bowflex" and go back to the couch potato position and watch jerry springer while munching on a large pizza and 2 galons of coke.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT-10
    is bowflex for body builderor just toner?
    for "toners" and "women who only wanna tone but dont wanna bulk up"

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiptronicSoldier
    I personally own a bowflex. My parents bought it like 8 years ago when I was in junior high. I have used it maybe once in the past 6 years, its nice to have when you can't leave the house, or the gym is closed. I liked doing abs on it because you had great tension for abs. Bis and Tris weren't too bad on it either. Everything else you would be wasting your time. I am keeping the bowflex still so if I ever have a gf I can make her work out on it if she doesn't want to hit the free weights. Sounds ****ed up, but I can't have my girls getting out of shape if I'm busting my ass day in and day out.
    I love it!!!

I need one too, my girl's gettin' a little chunky LOL

god I hope she isn't a member on here :P

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    for "toners" and "women who only wanna tone but dont wanna bulk up"
    better yet, its just used by people who need the satisfaction of thinking their just toning up and doing somthing even though what they are doing is worthless. "But its so convenient, i dont like loading up barbells and returning dumbells" bla bla bla whaa whaa whaa. its a ****ing workout. gosh damnit

gosh damnit, and then bowflex users talk bad about steroids . blah, i could look like that if i used steroids. if i used steroids, my bowlflex would make me as cut as him blah.

Motion is offline Associate Member
    If your looking to be a serious bodybuilder, its probably not the best choice, but if your looking to get in shape and build decent muscle it will work great. Yeah they are expensive. I know I'm catch heat for saying this, but honestly most people that bash Bowflex have never used one.
    Last edited by Motion; 06-06-2005 at 10:46 AM.

better yet, its just used by people who need the satisfaction of thinking their just toning up and doing somthing even though what they are doing is worthless. "But its so convenient, i dont like loading up barbells and returning dumbells" bla bla bla whaa whaa whaa. its a ****ing workout. gosh damnit
    To say you wouldn't recommend it or you don't think it would help is one thing, but to say its "worthless" is straight up BS.
    Last edited by Motion; 06-06-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motion
    To say you wouldn't recommend it or you don't think it would help is one thing, but to say its "worthless" is straight up BS.
    try stepping in a squat rack brother!!!!

its worthless for serious bodybuilders.

try stepping in a squat rack brother!!!!
    I've used free weights plenty in my time. I've "stepped in a squat rack". I prefer a Bowflex. Then again I'm not a "serious" bodybuilder, I'm an athlete and workout to stay in shape. You can get stronger and add muscle using a bowflex.

its worthless for serious bodybuilders.
    As I said....
    If your looking to be a serious bodybuilder, its probably not the best choice

In the end it all comes down to personal preference.
    Last edited by Motion; 06-06-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    My grandmother has one

Ya, i have feelings of hostility when i think about the bowflex. So, i guess any kind of strength resistance is fine for normal people. But to answer SRT's question, if he is looking to become a serious weight lifter, the bowflex is not an optimal form of resistance

tell ya the truth, the bowflex might be a perfect idea for the elderly or maybe young kids like who are age 8-13 or somthing like that. It could be fine for "someone just trying to stay in shape". But if you feel you have a really far road ahead of you to get in the shape you wanna be, bowflex might not be the most optimal way to do it. You might have to put some blood and sweat into it, and i doubt that is comparable to "the old fashioned way". Nobody likes the "old fashioned way" these days. it has to be easy. people want to do it the easy way, and on top of that they "expect" super dooper fast results

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    My grandmother has one
    nuff said

quaker48 is offline Associate Member
    its for p-u-s-s-y's

tell ya the truth, the bowflex might be a perfect idea for the elderly or maybe young kids like who are age 8-13 or somthing like that. It could be fine for "someone just trying to stay in shape". But if you feel you have a really far road ahead of you to get in the shape you wanna be, bowflex might not be the most optimal way to do it. You might have to put some blood and sweat into it, "and i doubt that is comparable to "the old fashioned way. Nobody likes the "old fashioned way" these days. it has to be easy. people want to do it the easy way, and on top of that they "expect" super dooper fast results
    By that statment I assume you have never used a bowflex. So how can you be so critical of something you have no experience with? I, by no means am knocking free weights, obviously they work and I'm not trying to start a free weights vs. bowlfex debate here because I know first hand they both work. But don't tell me you can't build muscle and get stronger using a bowflex because Ive seen it with my own eyes.

All that said I know I'm greatly out numbered in this discussion and I'm fighting a lost cause. To each their own.

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    my mom bought one when I was fifteen and I've used one a lot,It's a good quality machine and is great for people you want to get in shape, for women who want to tone. It's a tough one, a lot of bodybuilders when trying a bowflex are surprised about how hard the resistance can get (the flys on this thing are just like cable flys in a gym)
    it's hard.... but akward.. and since I've been training seriously I do realise that it certainly does not compare to a fully equiped gym.. far from it! and that's why my bowflex is for sale..I don't use it anymore.. but it is better than nothing

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    when i first started working out i used the bowflex, i think i used it pretty good for about 8 months, only gained like maybe 10 lb. im so glad i switched to free weights.

the bowflex body. DOESNT EXIST!!!!

testo200 is offline Junior Member
    I was taught resistance and range of motion build muscle. So why wouldn't the bowflex work?

BTW, You can't compare free weights to the bowflex, its different.

NOW, bowflex and machines thats a fair match. I would like to know whats better.

[QUOTE=testo200]BTW, You can't compare free weights to the bowflex, its different.QUOTE]

i can too. and i did, hands down freeweights are the best, then come machines, then comes playing with myself, then bowflex, then probally that cheap knockoff that weilder put out the "crossbow" lol
    Last edited by robkesl; 06-06-2005 at 06:37 PM.

testo200 is offline Junior Member
    well duh. I was saying its an unfair comparison.

yeah i know, its cool

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    weider sells a power rack + bench + 300 lbs olympic weight set with leg curl/extensions and lat pulldown/pullup setups for like $350.

that's what i would get- a whole lot better home setup not only for the $$$$ but just plain better.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    stick to the free weights, bo flex is garbage

inevitable is offline Member
    my rents own a bowflex... to my surprised i actually got a great burn and a very nice workout from it... mean granted its not free weights... but i i would consider using it on chestday for a few exercises...

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    i had one a couple years back, im sure it works decent for toning and stuff of that nature but to actual put some meat on your bones i dont think it would do the job at all

works good for abs tho...

SRT-10 is offline New Member
    Thank guy, I actually put both free weight and Bow to the test, but the thiing is roid is in my body when I test both of them. At the end free beat Bowflex about 2 pounds. The reason I'm asking the question because i'm not sure if the Roid that boos up the bowflex

not sure if i understand this ..."The reason I'm asking the question because i'm not sure if the Roid that boos up the bowflex"

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    not sure if i understand this ..."The reason I'm asking the question because i'm not sure if the Roid that boos up the bowflex"
    Not sure I understand why he would be asking a simple question like this in the first place if he's serious enough to take roids.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Stop using the word "toning"!!!!

To me...using that word with any kind of frequency usually proves you are a moron.

Malvino is offline New Member
    "im a 50 year old grandmother and i got a bowflex body" - the voice may be an older woman, but dam sure that girl on the commerical is not 50 and she never had kids, and she got a silicon boda. And she never got it on that bowflex!

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    ^^ HAHA

Its useless past a certain point if you want real meat on your bones otherwise its great for just keeping in shape. I still never put on any Burn i can get in a gym with teh boflex so im sitting here thinking should i even touch it for a third day workout doing Tris.

Havent touched mine in over 20 or so minutes all year free feels so much better.

1Leader is offline Associate Member
    Garbage anad waste of money , better off buying a power rack what you need in free weight.Dont under stand why anyone would want to work out with rubber bands.Did try one once knew someone that had one and thought what a waste

1Leader is offline Associate Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information