CrazyKC is offline Associate Member

Talking Need advice on arms

I have been moving up very quickly in my bicep/tricep workouts. I work them twice a week. I reallly like to do straight bar curls and easy bar curls for bulking up but when i get into my heavier sets I get this sharp pain in the outsie of my forearms. If I continue to go heavy will this continue? What would you suggest.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    No Pain No Gain

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    try few things dont hold the bar so hard like ur grip

rankin is offline Junior Member
    I get exactly the same type of pain !!!! the heavier i go the worse it gets....i have tried really strict form on barbell curls..i.e arms really close to sides so gap between wrists is not so great and this seems to help...its strange though that i dont get this problem using dumbells in each hand !!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have heard of so many people that get that..You just have to try to ignore it and get through it..

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    kinda the same forearm pain comes around to me a couple times a year. but mine is when performing heavy preachers and it hits mewhen i put the bar down and relax my grip. i mix up my dmso with a crushed asprin in it and rub it in. and lay off preacher curls for a few days. tendonitis? later bro charlie r

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    You work arms twice a week?

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    hmm. Well I mean thinking about it, when you see guys on bench press doin 250+ pounds, its a heavy duty steel ****ing bar, but that shit bends. Same thing with your arms im sure. If your going super heavy with curls and what have you, probably just putting a lot of stress on your bones...be careful

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKC
    I have been moving up very quickly in my bicep/tricep workouts. I work them twice a week. I reallly like to do straight bar curls and easy bar curls for bulking up but when i get into my heavier sets I get this sharp pain in the outsie of my forearms. If I continue to go heavy will this continue? What would you suggest.

do you do any stretches for your arms/wrists? try stretching them, just pull back on your wrist so that your hands are going toward the top of your forerm, then try the same in the other direction, so that your palm is going toward the bottom of your forearm.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKC

no, it will subside, your forearms just arent used to the new stress( you did say you are progress quickly and lifting heavy) so stretch em out and dont worry bout it, same happened with me!

also make sure you're sufficiently warmed-up

Thread Information