LionsGate is offline Associate Member

alternating calories?

sometimes i spend hours researching and become more confused.

my question is if someone were to workout 6 times a week, could you alternate the days you have high calories and low calories?

for example: lets say m/w/f was high calorie and heavy lifting days with cardio in the am at target heart rate, to maintain or gain muscle. then t/th/sat lower calorie days and higher rep workouts with 20 sec rests in between to build endurance and definition, and to help burn more calories than you consume. also combined with a.m. cardio.

or even take take that concept to alternating weeks so the same groups of muscles gets a more balanced workout. i know you cant really bulk and cut at the same time, but would something like this at least keep fair gains and also help eliminate body fat?

please be easy on me, i love this board and learn so much from everyones threads. thanks

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    anybody? this is my second post with zero replies, am i having computer issues?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    What's your main goal? Periodizing or zig zag diets, in theory, sound very effective. I have not experimented with either, however, I am sure help can be given if you explain what your are wanting to accomplish? Your "example" will not be a wise idea.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Try it and tell us how it goes.

Thread Information