jel2190 is offline New Member

To Lift or Not to Lift?

I have been hitting the Gym very hard for the last 4 months. 5-6 days a week. Weights and Cardio on/off. I am now at a point where I am very happy with the muscle I have gained. My diet is pretty good, but I am looking to drop some more BF. I have decided to up the Cardio 4-5 days a week. My question is, I don't want to lose the muscle I have packed on. Will a quick 3 days a week of weights 3 sets heavy reps Mon,Wed,Fri. Chest,back,shoulders,bi,tri all in one day done in 30min and then hit the bike. Will this work or is it too much?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Do you work legs too?

~SC~

jel2190 is offline New Member
    Have had a few scopes done. Currently lots of pain in knees. Stair climber is where I have been working my legs lately.. Really, bummed, because I love squats!!!!!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I would assume atrophy will occur. The reason being is because the stimulus will not be as great as it was previously. Another variable is the calorie deficit of dieting and the compounded effect of increasing energy expenditure while performing cardio. Lastly, a "pretty good diet" will not aid in preventing atrophy during a stage of reducing bodyfat. In order to reduce bodyfat and maintain/gain muscle, your diet needs to be dialed in! Cardio after weights is another consideration. It might work well for you, but for most it causes the duration in the gym to be to long and interfers with recovery. . .

Thread Information