chest6 is offline Banned

cardio and losing size/strength

I'm sorry if all of you have heard this topic many times before...I have tried a lot to minimize muscle loss while I am cutting. I try taking glutamine before I go to bed...I try to minimize the carbs after my PWO. I've really only been in cutting stage for about 2 weeks now..I have been doing cardio 4 times a week or so on an empty stomach in the morning for 30-40 minutes.

Anyway, today I could only get 280 for 5 (bench)and that isn't nearly up to par to what I usually do. I usually sleep til about 2 p.m. so I am thinking about waking up at 9 am or so and eating then going back to sleep. (I have nothing to do its summer). Will this help? I have heard many times it is impossible to do both at the same time..but I have also heard otherwise. Someone help??

chest6 is offline Banned
    bump

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    I'm feeling the effects of cutting also. My max on bench has went from 355 down to about 315 since ive started cutting. For some reason I always lose a decent amount of upperbody strength while cutting but no loss of strength in the legs though. I dont know how some ppl cut and dont really lose any strength at all.

chest6 is offline Banned
    man...40 lbs thats no good..How much weight have you lost??

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    About 25lbs, this happens every year it seems like as soon as i start to drop my carbs my strength goes to crap. I keep my protein high while cutting its around 340 grams a day and i still get the same effect. Maybe its the extra cushion for the pushin that helps me out a lil when i have that extra weight on.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    when i cut i usually do it more subtle. i dont do a drastic diet and cardio change. i will start out with cardio in the morning, while the next few weeks changing my diet, by small amounts though.. i feel like my body isnt crashing when i do it like this.

Thread Information