-KJ- is offline Productive Member

what way do you workout?

Well as the question says? What way do you workout?

Sets and reps?
    Type of split?
    Techniques you implement?
    Rest periods?

Curious to see how many different ways and how similar workouts are.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    HIT....reps anywhere from 5-12. Few warm up sets for first exercise, 1 working set for almost all exercises. Take to failure when an exercise allows for it. Drops and Rest Pauses for intensity. 4-5 exercises for larger body parts, 2-3 for small. Move quickly between exercises, but dont really time rest periods, take a little extra time if I feel its needed, but definately dont waste any time. Fascia stretching when Im done with a given body part.....Monday- Chest/Bis, Weds- Legs, Fri- Delts/Tris, Sat- Back, Rear Delts, Traps. HIIT cardio 3 times a week. Maybe some boring cardio once a week. Thats about it.
    Last edited by abbot138; 02-05-2012 at 11:24 AM.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Not a bad workout mate...

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138
    HIT....reps anywhere from 5-12. Few warm up sets for first exercise, 1 working set for almost all exercises. Take to failure when an exercise allows for it. Drops and Rest Pauses for intensity. 4-5 exercises for larger body parts, 2-3 for small. Move quickly between exercises, but dont really time rest periods, take a little extra time if I feel its needed, but definately dont waste any time. Fascia stretching when Im done with a given body part.....Monday- Chest/Bis, Weds- Legs, Fri- Delts/Tris, Sat- Back, Rear Delts, Traps. HIIT cardio 3 times a week. Maybe some boring cardio once a week. Thats about it.
    ^^^^agree, i use a similar routine,and got great results all natural! Except I've have just switched to one muscle a work out/day, 2 lift days then rest/just cardio.

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    Hey man, im interested in this style. How many warmups do you do? Do you do warmuos for the 2nd, 3rd exercise per bodypart or only the first exercise?

Just the first. Number of warm-ups depends on the exercise, the amount of weight im going to be using for my working set and just how i feel. Keep in mind that they are just that, warm-up sets. They should not pre-exhaust you in any way, and you should not have a pre-set number of reps that you hit for each warm-up, just looking to get the blood flowing and let your muscles get acclimated to the movement...Example: Did DB Decline first last night, 1st warm up was with 60's-8 or so, then did 80s - 4 or so, then for my last warm-up i always use a weight that is somewhat heavy and just do 1 or 2 reps to get my body use to feeling heavier weight, in this case i did 100s for 2. Then took a few minutes to gather myself and did 130s for my working set for 7, dropped right to 90 and hit those for 3.....Now on the rest of the exercises i will do a "feeler set" before my working set, just so my body gets adjusted to the new motion. So next I went on to DB Incline, working set was 120, so I just grabbed some 65s and did maybe 5 or 6 reps to get the feel, then moved on to working set.

falco21 is offline Associate Member
    Just the first. Number of warm-ups depends on the exercise, the amount of weight im going to be using for my working set and just how i feel. Keep in mind that they are just that, warm-up sets. They should not pre-exhaust you in any way, and you should not have a pre-set number of reps that you hit for each warm-up, just looking to get the blood flowing and let your muscles get acclimated to the movement...Example: Did DB Decline first last night, 1st warm up was with 60's-8 or so, then did 80s - 4 or so, then for my last warm-up i always use a weight that is somewhat heavy and just do 1 or 2 reps to get my body use to feeling heavier weight, in this case i did 100s for 2. Then took a few minutes to gather myself and did 130s for my working set for 7, dropped right to 90 and hit those for 3.....Now on the rest of the exercises i will do a "feeler set" before my working set, just so my body gets adjusted to the new motion. So next I went on to DB Incline, working set was 120, so I just grabbed some 65s and did maybe 5 or 6 reps to get the feel, then moved on to working set.
    Dorian Yates style!! Love it!! I used it as a blast for 4 weeks, as it is very taxing on the body, and my strength skyrocketed! Can't wait for the next blast.

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Excellent explanation bro. I wish everyone could be this clear lol. This is a lot less volume than what people tend to do but Im inclined to give it a try and see how ot goes. Are the dtop sets etc typically used at the end of each exercise or just when it feels right? I also take it from your explanation that the warm ips should caise no muscle fatigue whatsoever and youre basically at full strength for the one all our working set?

Quote Originally Posted by falco21 View Post
    Dorian Yates style!! Love it!! I used it as a blast for 4 weeks, as it is very taxing on the body, and my strength skyrocketed! Can't wait for the next blast.
    Yeah, its not as easy at is sounds. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagethuge View Post
    Excellent explanation bro. I wish everyone could be this clear lol. This is a lot less volume than what people tend to do but Im inclined to give it a try and see how ot goes. Are the dtop sets etc typically used at the end of each exercise or just when it feels right? I also take it from your explanation that the warm ips should caise no muscle fatigue whatsoever and youre basically at full strength for the one all our working set?
    They are used whenver you can use them. Obviously certain exericses dont lend themselves to drops or rest pause. The point is to making every exercise as intense as possible. Something that you cant take to failure like squats or deads I will do one heavey set and depending on how i feel after that i will drop the weight considerably and do one higher rep set (which is actually more of a DC principle).....Yes warmups should never fatigue the muscle.

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    i do press pull off legs. works out to be 3 on 1 off, repeat.. rep ranges vary depending on the workout, most heavy compounds ie bench, incline, dips, deadlifts i keep low rep.. like 4-6 typically.. occasionally lower or a little higher once in a while, isolation work i keep 6-12 usually, although i dont do too much of it, squats i usually pyramid, something like 12, 8, 6.. my legs are always more sore from higher reps than real low, lowreps dont work well for me on squats at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ajordana View Post
    i do press pull off legs. works out to be 3 on 1 off, repeat.. rep ranges vary depending on the workout, most heavy compounds ie bench, incline, dips, deadlifts i keep low rep.. like 4-6 typically.. occasionally lower or a little higher once in a while, isolation work i keep 6-12 usually, although i dont do too much of it, squats i usually pyramid, something like 12, 8, 6.. my legs are always more sore from higher reps than real low, lowreps dont work well for me on squats at all.
    Im beginning to form the opinion that high reps is the way to go on ALL leg exercises.

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    Im beginning to form the opinion that high reps is the way to go on ALL leg exercises.
    yeah pretty much, low reps dont do much for me on legs, ESPECIALLY squats.. higher reps on the leg press and what not i like better too.. not sure why higher reps works so much better for legs, but it does

Thread Information