caggedemon is offline New Member

Question am i overtraining ?

hi it goes like this .....as readin through loads of stuff on this board ,i got prety much confused as wat training schedule shd i follow cuz .I've been training double parts on a day from last 4 months[ iknow i'm still a novice] which something like this :[remember i was juicing for last 8 weeks on & 4 weeks off]
    MONDAY-CHEST
    -PUSH UPS-2*10 PULL OVERS-2*10
    1]FLAT BENCH PRESS 1]FRONT PULL DOWN-
    2] INCLINED PRESS - 2]SEATED ROWING
    3]DUMBELL FLY 3]MACHINE T-BAR
    - 4]PULL OVER 4]ONE ARM DUMBELL ROW
    5] DECLINE PRESS
    6] DECLINE DUMBELL PRESS
    7] DUMBELL CROSS OVER

TUESDAY-LEGS SHOULDERS
    1]FRONT SQUAT 1]FRONT BARBELL PRES
    2]BACK SQUAT 2]BACK BARBELL PRESS
    3]LAYING LEG CURL 3] ALTERMATE DUMBELL PRESS
    4]LEG EXTENTION 4] ROTATING SHOULDER SHRUGS

WEDNESDAY-BISCEPS TRICEPS

1]CONCENTRATION CURLS 1]MACHINE PULLY PUSH DOWN
    2]BARBELL CURLS 2]LAYINGCAMBERED BAR TRICEPS
    3]PREACHER CURLS 3]TRICEPS EXTENSION
    4]DUMBELL CURLS 4]DUMBELLSINGLE ARM
    5]HAMMER CURLS

but now i think i was overtraing myself & won't expect much gains from this type of training programe so i've decided to go for 3 day split
    which is somthing like this
    Day 1 - shoulders & bis
    Day 2 - legs
    Day 3 - off
    Day 4 - chest & tris
    Day 5 - back
    Day 6 - off
    Day 7- off
    cuz i'm livin in new delhi -INDIA, & the summers have started here so i think 3 day split wld b ok .now ques :will 3day split wld be enough to build quality mass as expected, secondly do winters or summers have any effect on the body I mean that one shld do more in winters & less in summers, thirdly r those excercises too much for single part or shld i scratch anyone of 'em & PLZ suggest wat pryamid shld i follow to attain mass.AS I'm on high protien & low carb diet Advice from senior membs would b apperciated .Plz only genuine advices cuz its my body so no kinda risk . [ novices like me plz stay away]

CAGEDDEMON

bex
    bex is offline Banned

This should help you

I have heard a number of suggestions andideas about how to train, but there are a number of principles that can't be disputed. Generally speaking, over-training varies from individual to individual depending on genetics--fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. Look for the signs of over-training. Briefly, they are: not sleeping well, muscle soreness stretching out to several days, lack of progress, irritability, etc. Also, workout routines should vary and choice of exercise does make a difference. Use a variety of techniques and be aware that there are certain exercises that are contra-indicative (they invite injury or should never be done or one should learn proper technique).
    One last point, the amount of time you spend in the gym does make a difference. Research does indicate that your level of testosterone during a workout does make a difference in what kind of results you can expect. For most men, testosterone peaks in the first hour and then begins to diminish thereafter. It has been concluded that if you get your exercise in during this period of time, you will see the best results. So, working out more than hour and a half is not very productive for almost everyone.

caggedemon is offline New Member

Unhappy no sign of overtraining

Thanx DIESEL & BEXSOM,
    as far as signs of overtraining r concerned ,i din't had anyone mentioned above but i do feel tired after i com frm the gym so i take my meal & go to sleep for 2 to 3 hrs.& feel fresh thereafter.
    now wat u guys suggest ?shld i train 3 days a week or do single part a day for 6 day schedule.PLZ comment.
    CAGEDDEMON
    Last edited by caggedemon; 04-20-2002 at 05:55 AM.

Thread Information