JerzeyBoy is offline Member

Bent Laterals explaination??

Can someone please explain bent laterals for me? If someone has a link to pictures showing the exercise that would be GREAT.
    Thanks fellas,
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBoy
    Can someone please explain bent laterals for me? If someone has a link to pictures showing the exercise that would be GREAT.
    Thanks fellas,
    -Matt
    bump

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i used to do them sitting on the end of a bench with my legs together, bent over with my chest touching my knees holding a pair of dumbells under my legs (dumbells touching) and kept my arms bent and lifted them as close to parallel as possible. now i just do them standing while bent over at the waist (torso about halfway between upright and parallel).

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i used to do them sitting on the end of a bench with my legs together, bent over with my chest touching my knees holding a pair of dumbells under my legs (dumbells touching) and kept my arms bent and lifted them as close to parallel as possible. now i just do them standing while bent over at the waist (torso about halfway between upright and parallel).
    That'll look a lil doing in the middle of a gym, either the one sitting or standing lolo...can i lay on a bench face down and do them like that?

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i've seen pics of jay cutler doing them standing up and i doubt if anyone thinks he looks like a sissy. i've never tried then face down on a bench, i guess that would work if you could find a bench tall enough so your arms woudn't hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i've seen pics of jay cutler doing them standing up and i doubt if anyone thinks he looks like a sissy. i've never tried then face down on a bench, i guess that would work if you could find a bench tall enough so your arms woudn't hit the ground.
    You know db flyes for your chest? Well is that the same as bent laterals only face down instead of face up as the flyes? Or am I lost??

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBoy
    You know db flyes for your chest? Well is that the same as bent laterals only face down instead of face up as the flyes? Or am I lost??

your lost... COMPLETELY.

its the same in theory but unless your some sort of a contortionist or bizarrely quadruple jointed you cant come close the same movement.

go in the gym and ask someone man.

your doing a cycle and you don't even know what this movement is? well, to hell with the natural base then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    your lost... COMPLETELY.

its the same in theory but unless your some sort of a contortionist or bizarrely quadruple jointed you cant come close the same movement.

go in the gym and ask someone man.

your doing a cycle and you don't even know what this movement is? well, to hell with the natural base then.
    I did other workouts for shoulders...Looking at your avatar I know your smart enough to know there's more than one exercise out there...I plan on trying something new for my shoulders since I heard this is better for bulk, and this is what I wanna try...

Don't assume bro.

Thread Information