BlackStang is offline Associate Member

ectomorph workout plan! What Improvements?

Hows it going guys. Been working out hard since january and was wondering what changes I could make? I started on a bowflex, i know i know no good, which brought my strenght up but I wanted more size so I bought free weights. Which is what I have been using the past couple months. I do not have time to go to a gym so I must be able to do all the exercises at home. All I have is free weights and a bench, a little strapped for cash at the moment.

I am up a total of about 20lb. Here is my routine. I try to keep the weight up and the reps down. I also just recently added more weight to my exercises to hopefully increase strenght and growth. I usually do 3x6 and once I reach 3x8 I add more weight so i'm back to 3x6 again, need to consurve my calories .

Monday

Chest - DB Bench Press, DB Chest Fly, DB Incline Press, DB Incline Fly

Tuesday

Shouders - DB Shoulder Press, Front Raises, Lateral Raises, Shoulder Shrugs

Wednesday

Bicep - Bumbell Curl, Hammer Curl, Sitting Down Curl (dont know proper name lol), Isolated Curl (elbow on knee)

Tricep - Skull Krusher, Tricep Kickback, Tricep pushdowns (bowflex)

Thursday

Legs - Squat, Lunges, Claf Raises, Leg extension (bowflex)

Friday

Back - Bent Over Row, One Arm DB Row, Bench Pull, Wide & Narrow Pulldowns (bowflex)

I know I should be using weights and no bowflex but I found it helps with strenght and I already have it so I might as well use it.

Any comments would be great.

Thanks
    Last edited by BlackStang; 06-28-2005 at 07:19 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStang
    Hows it going guys. Been working out hard since january and was wondering what changes I could make? I started on a bowflex, i know i know no good, which brought my strenght up but I wanted more size so I bought free weights. Which is what I have been using the past couple months. I do not have time to go to a gym so I must be able to do all the exercises at home. All I have is free weights and a bench, a little strapped for cash at the moment.

I am up a total of about 20lb. Here is my routine. I try to keep the weight up and the reps down. I also just recently added more weight to my exercises to hopefully increase strenght and growth. I usually do 3x6 and once I reach 3x8 I add more weight so i'm back to 3x6 again, need to consurve my calories .

Monday

Chest - DB Bench Press, DB Chest Fly, DB Incline Press, DB Incline Fly

Tuesday

Shouders - DB Shoulder Press, Front Raises, Lateral Raises, Shoulder Shrugs

Wednesday

Bicep - Bumbell Curl, Hammer Curl, Sitting Down Curl (dont know proper name lol), Isolated Curl (elbow on knee)

Tricep - Skull Krusher, Tricep Kickback, Tricep pushdowns (bowflex)

Thursday

Legs - Squat, Lunges, Claf Raises, Leg extension (bowflex)

Friday

Back - Bent Over Row, One Arm DB Row, Bench Pull, Wide & Narrow Pulldowns (bowflex)

I know I should be using weights and no bowflex but I found it helps with strenght and I already have it so I might as well use it.

Any comments would be great.

Thanks
    You really need to do barbell bench, incline, and decline to improve chest mass. I wouldn't bother with the kickbacks, they seem like a waste of time to me. Sitting down curls are concentration curls, I wouldn't really bother with them so much either. Once your $$ flow is better I would get a barbell bench set. Working out at home rather than a gym sort of limits what exercises you can do.

Really? I heard DB bench is better beacuse you are working each side seperatly and you use more muscles to stabalize? Also I will be adding the decline next week.
    Last edited by BlackStang; 06-28-2005 at 08:07 PM.

bump

VENICE BEACH is offline New Member

Lightbulb

If you have enuf weights add DEADLIFTS on your back day. Its a classic bulker.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    id take shoulder day completely out of your workout and take a day off. your delts should get a sufficient workout by aiding in other lifts.

Thread Information