justin2305 is offline Senior Member

lower back pain need some help???

alright my lower back has been bugging me latley and i think its from when i do shrugs and what not with heavy ass weight, well the pain wont go away and im already about to take a lil wk break off the weights due to an elbow injury but i was wondering what i can do for my lower back? stretch, ice, heat etc...? also what would be a good exercise for my lower back to strenghen it up when i get back on the weights (nothing heavy) i dont wanna hurt it worse just strenghen it up... i think im going to make an appointment with a chiropractor(cant spell that lol) cuz thats what one of my buds that is a pt at my gym said said to do bf it gets any worse.. any advice would be great thanks alot

justin
    Last edited by justin2305; 06-29-2005 at 06:15 PM.

oh and sorry i didnt mention exactly where it is... the pain is right above my tail bone right smack dab in the center of my spine, thats y im trying to play it safe. the trainer said when i do those shrugs and what not that all the stress is put right where im saying the pain is... would a belt be good to where while doing shrugs also??

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

Me too

I know exactly how that shit feels, I got the same problem.. I have just been trying to build a lot more abdomen strength to compensate for my lower "weakness" ( Physical therapist said to) strength. Ill see what happens I guess.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i have a similar pain to what you're describing

i hurt myself doing deadlifts about 2 years ago and it still plagues me. i see a chiropractor fairly regularly (usually once every 2 weeks), i actually feel it more on my right side than my left, my right hip is shifted forward and the muscle that attaches my hip to my spine always gets stretched out when doing squats or most back excersises so it becomes very tight and sore

for me it doesn't seem like i have any options except continue to see the chiropractor and attempt to further strengthen my lower back, if i were you i would definitely get it checked out, because the nagging pain sounds like a vertebral subluxation or a herniated disc

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    I hurt my back heavy deadlifting a year ago, it sounds like about the same spot. I was out of work for a week.

I started doing Good-Mornings to add strength to my lower back. Doing this has helped so far.

I started with just the bar for 4 sets of 10 and have now worked up to 135. I haven't had any problems since.

so should i ice it or heat it bf bed and training or what?? im taking a wk break off the weights to let my elbow and back heal up and feal better and i no ill be icing my elbow down a good 2times ed but im not sure what to do to my back??? anyone

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    well if the pain occured right then when ur training u would ice it
    but cause now ur resting and taking break
    *heat is much better
    *u can try doing hyper ext
    if it hurts bout where u cant really stretch it like difficult place to stretch
    *try getting a tennis ball putting it bout that spot laying on floor that is
    and just move it around to stretch that spot
    * do some ab work i think you already do that
    ummm if i forgot anything else i will make another post

Thread Information