Van Damme is offline New Member

I've always heard sleep is a huge factor in growth...

Just wondering, how much sleep does everyone here get? I've heard a bodybuilder should get 8-10. But then I've read stuff like Arnold used to only sleep 4 hours a night. I'm sure, like just about everything else to do with body building, it depends on the person. But, anyway, how much sleep does everyone here get and how much do you consider it a factor in your success?

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    It is always a factor in training because if i skimp on sleep i really don't want to work 8-10 hrs and then go throw some weight around and if i lay down to rest i end up sleeping for 1-2 hrs and that to me tells me i didn't rest enuff the night before..

NightOp is offline Member
    I get about 7 hours of quality sleep.. On the weekends I get alot more because I don't have class early in the morning, I always feel great on the weekends and seem to be bigger than during the week when I'm working out and not getting as much sleep. I think it is sooo important to growth, but being in school its hard for me todo... That's why i grow faster in the summer.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah sleep is an important factor. Compare how you feel when you get 8 hrs of good sleep to when you only get like 4. Anything under 6 in my opinion you begin to exhibit signs of exhaustion (lack of concentration, no energy, etc.) and these are definitely not things that someone trying to build muscles wants. Also when your body is fatigued it starts to release excess cortisol which everyone should know in big amounts literally eats away your muscles. Back to the question: I get at least 8 hours a night during the week and even more on weekends. If I can I try to get a nap in during the day.

Big Show 23 Guest
    As long as I get a minimum of 6 hrs sleep*which isn't that often* I'm fine.But with the bodybuilding factor I on average get about 7-7.5 hours sleep,sometimes even 8

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You grow while you are asleep so get as much as possible..

Van Damme is offline New Member
    I figured everyone would feel that way. It sucks to have to wake up early for work everyday. I try to get to bed at a decent hour, but I usually only get 7 hrs a night. I feel best with 9. It just sucks going to bed early. I do always feel better on the weekends.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Well everyone is different Van Damme,personally for me 9 hrs is oversleeping

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    i usually get around 9 1/2 to 11 hours of straight sleep. i find if i get anything less than 8,than i feel fatigued and grumpy.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    u grow while u rest..tear down while u weight train..i try to get atleast 7 hrs sleep each night

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    I guess the level of sleep everyone requires varies from person to person. Many people I know seem to be able to get by on five to six hours a night. But for me, I need a good 8 hours a night.

I find that if I miss out on this, after a coupld of days the level of intensity in my training does down considerably.

Also, I need to be resonably clear-headed in work and without 8 hours, my concentration goes to pot!

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    see i cant sleep that much if i do i always feel tired when i get about 6 hours of sleep i feel the best. today for instance i was tired so i slept like 12 -13 hours and i feel really really bad so i dont know what is best.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Thread Information