Parker is offline New Member

training calves with flat feet

Anybody else have flat feet and find calf training very troublesome? My feet are like 2x4s and I find it very difficult to contract or squeeze my calves. They just want to move up and down or something because there is not a very distinguishable sole to really grip the platform and make a contraction.

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    It could be just you bro cuz I got flat feet and never had a problem contracting my calfs.
    Besides, the term "flat feet" refers to the curvature of your foot and since you use your ankle and your toes to actually move yourself in order to work the calfs I see no relation bewteen the two.

Parker is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replies bros. Hmmm...it might just be me, but there is definately a correleation between the two and it may depend on how flat footed you are and your ankle structure because a slight arch can make a big difference. And yes I can move my calves but getting a peak contraction is a little different (kinda like the difference between holding a dumbell at the tips of your fingers and keeping them straight while just moving your wrist up and down to contract your forearm compared to gripping the dumbell with with your fingers around it and doing a regular wrist curl to contract it), it's like it wants to use more ankle tendons than the calf itself. Actually my left foot has a slight arch and I don't have much of a problem contracting it but my right foot is completely flat and I find it extremely difficult to contract. Flat footed people have a completely different ankle structure than do typical arched footed people. Flat feet roll over on the inside giving more range of motion. My brother also has very flat feet and he's got the same problem.

Thread Information