canadian_mofo is offline Associate Member

Lower abs and side obliques.

Ok guys i need to beef up my lower abs and my obliques. Basically for abs i do alot of ball stuff, also do weighted stuff with cables ect. Have the six pack going on but want to see the abs go lower then my waist line, and see some freaky deffintion, mass in the oblique area. So i need some help, what would you guys recomend. Even if you give me a good overall ab workout along with how often to hit them that would be great. Im currently on my first cycle and stats are 6'2" 242 11ish%bf and just started the cycle.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    i like to do hanging leg raises, you can also do them to the sides to hit obliques. You could also get on the end of a bench and do leg lifts with a smal dumbell between your ankl;es

yeh i havent done hanging leg lifts in a while, i think ill reincorporate those thanks, any more advice guys??

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    low reps dont seem to cut it for obliques for me, I just started training them about a year ago regular since I wasn't really concerned with them before, I "bulked" or tried to get my ecto body up to par for over 10 years... either way, I have found that the kneeling cable crunches with about 130 to 150 pounds seems to work the best and start to fry at around 20 some odd reps...

I have seen a difference since my avatar pic.

they are bigger

I do kneeling cable crunches but find most of the burn in the mid section and upper abs, not so much in lower and obliques.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    its tough to isolate them in that move, but I do find it doable... its a specific position... and more or less concerntrating mentally to contract it physically down there... sorta like suck it in and flex/squeeze it and then contract down...

it'll work

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    i like to do hanging leg raises, you can also do them to the sides to hit obliques. You could also get on the end of a bench and do leg lifts with a smal dumbell between your ankl;es
    great workout! do this for sure. Do it untill it literally feels like someone is holding a match to your abs. That is what will build you up.

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    im an exto my abs show when i pull the skin down a lil at the bottom and my stomach ois very toned, iv only jst started abs, my holidays 9 weeks away, im eating real clean what workouts would you suggest to get them showing ? and is 9 weeks long enough to get them out and cut ? Im cycling sust and deca week 5

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Hanging knee raises work great for me. I also like to do vertical knee raises for variation. You could also try standing with a dumbell in one hand and bending at the torso to that side. For example, if the dumbell is in your right hand, lean over to the right at the torso

Thread Information