Thread: Isometrics??

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member

Isometrics??

i think that's how you spell it..what are your thoughts on this?? i buddy of mine owns his own gym and advocates this very much.. thinking bout giving it a try..i know its kinda has alot to do with stabilizing..etc...

anybody here can give me a break down of pros and cons<==if any.

he mentioned to me its what gymnist are into..and he is a gymnist and a strong mofo too.

THanx AR Bros

i would ask swolecat but i don't want to pay for this info..lol

hey swolecat if you looked at this thread..im jus phugin wit ya...is there anything you could tell me bout isometrics.?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by hellapimpin
    i think that's how you spell it..what are your thoughts on this?? i buddy of mine owns his own gym and advocates this very much.. thinking bout giving it a try..i know its kinda has alot to do with stabilizing..etc...

anybody here can give me a break down of pros and cons<==if any.

he mentioned to me its what gymnist are into..and he is a gymnist and a strong mofo too.

THanx AR Bros
    Isometric workouts are based upon Exercising against a fixed object.The thinking behind this is that one can exert a maximum force against an immovable object.York Barbell Company, sold thousands of isometric power racks. But not long after its rise to popularity, isometrics fell out of favor...in the book Dynamic Strength by Harry Wong; he claims you can build muscle and strength without using weights?
    Last edited by S.P.G; 06-30-2005 at 04:20 AM.

cool thanx..helped me out a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Isometric workouts are based upon Exercising against a fixed object.The thinking behind this is that one can exert a maximum force against an immovable object.York Barbell Company, sold thousands of isometric power racks. But not long after its rise to popularity, isometrics fell out of favor...in the book Dynamic Strength by Harry Wong; he claims you can build muscle and strength without using weights?

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Isometerics are great for building strength at that one position, however everday life as well as sports occur in a wide range of motion. with this said isometerics "suck"

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    I like using isometrics in between sets, instead of just sitting there. I also believe in posing/flexing for 10-15 minutes after your workout.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by supplementsavvy
    I like using isometrics in between sets, instead of just sitting there. I also believe in posing/flexing for 10-15 minutes after your workout.
    Yes, I do that some times to, wasn’t it Charles Atlas that started it all of...

Thread Information