thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

safety

safety
    Last edited by thegodfather; 11-06-2007 at 04:55 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are making great gains, why change?

I myself need more volume and bodyparts broken into 3 days at least, but if it works for you then you already have a good plan of attack

~SC~

mr.biceps58 is offline Junior Member

Smile

Good to hear from you Godfather. I'm glad to see the workout has done well for you..Ive yet to see anyone not gain from this program..Just keep in mind everyone needs a change from time to time.

My suggestion to you is this: alternate your prior routine with a 4 day per week split. Two days on two days off program. Keep the exercises in the same order. Instead of doing straight sets do strip sets for each exercise. Adjust the sets to suit whats best for you.

Heres an example of what works for me on chest when doing strip sets on a 2 day on two day off.

Decline press: 2 strips sets
    flat flyes: 2 strip sets.

Shoulders:

dumbell presses: 2 strip sets
    laterals: 2 strip sets

Lats:

wide grip pulldowns: 2 strip sets
    rows: 2 strip sets

Traps

shrugs: 2 strips sets

"NEXT WORKOUT"

Biceps:
    dumbell curls: 2 strip sets
    hammer curls: 2 strip sets

Triceps:
    lying tricep ext: 2 strip sets
    pushdowns: 2 strips sets

Legs:

squats: 2 strip sets
    leg ext: 2 strip sets

calves 2 strip sets

A strip sets is done by taking a weight that you can achieve faliure between 5 to 6 reps. Strip off some weight, wait 30 seconds then do another 5 to 6 reps top failure. "THAT MAKES UP ONE STRIP SET". Wait three minutes between sets.

You can also do strip sets on the three day per week program if it doesnt overtrain you.. I alternate between the 3 day per week-straight sets like your doing and the 4 day per week strip set routine..I do the strip set workout during a max androgen phase when my testoterone levels are peaking. I highly recommend you give this type of training a go with your upcoming cycle..Your muscle feel like they want to EXPLODE!!
    Last edited by mr.biceps58; 06-30-2005 at 09:27 PM.

I'm glad to see the workout has done well for you..Ive yet to see anyone not gain from this program..Just keep in mind everyone needs a change form time to time.

My suggestion to you is this: alternate your prior routine with a 4 day per week split. Two days on two days off program. Keep the exercises the same. Instead of doing straight sets do strip sets for each exercise. Adjust the sets to suit whats best for you.

Heres an example of what works for me on chest when doing strip sets on a 2 day on two day off.

Decline press. 2 strips sets
    flat flyes 2 strip sets.

A strip sets is done by taking a weight that you can achieve faliure between 5 to 6 reps. Strip off some weight, wait a good 30 seconds then do another5 to 6 reps top failure. "THAT MAKES UP ONE STRIP SET". Wait three minutes between sets.

You can also do strip sets on the three day per week program if it doesnt overtrain you.. I alternate between the 3 day per week-stright sets like your doing and the 4 day per week strip set routine..I do the strip set workout during a max androgen phase when my testoterone levels are peaking. I highly recommend you give this type of training a go..Your muscle feel like they want to EXPLODE!! lol

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.biceps58
    Good to hear from you Godfather. I'm glad to see the workout has done well for you..Ive yet to see anyone not gain from this program..Just keep in mind everyone needs a change from time to time.

My suggestion to you is this: alternate your prior routine with a 4 day per week split. Two days on two days off program. Keep the exercises in the same order. Instead of doing straight sets do strip sets for each exercise. Adjust the sets to suit whats best for you.

Decline press: 2 strips sets
    flat flyes: 2 strip sets.

Shoulders:

dumbell presses: 2 strip sets
    laterals: 2 strip sets

Lats:

wide grip pulldowns: 2 strip sets
    rows: 2 strip sets

Traps

shrugs: 2 strips sets

"NEXT WORKOUT"

Biceps:
    dumbell curls: 2 strip sets
    hammer curls: 2 strip sets

Triceps:
    lying tricep ext: 2 strip sets
    pushdowns: 2 strips sets

Legs:

squats: 2 strip sets
    leg ext: 2 strip sets

calves 2 strip sets

A strip sets is done by taking a weight that you can achieve faliure between 5 to 6 reps. Strip off some weight, wait 30 seconds then do another 5 to 6 reps top failure. "THAT MAKES UP ONE STRIP SET". Wait three minutes between sets.

You can also do strip sets on the three day per week program if it doesnt overtrain you.. I alternate between the 3 day per week-straight sets like your doing and the 4 day per week strip set routine..I do the strip set workout during a max androgen phase when my testoterone levels are peaking. I highly recommend you give this type of training a go with your upcoming cycle..Your muscle feel like they want to EXPLODE!!
    Mr.Biceps58,

thanks bro sounds like excellent advice, as always...i will definately incorporate that into my workouts if i hit a wall...thanks for everyones responses, thanks swole.... later

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    i could never survive all that in 1 day myself. After benching 1st then doing shoulders 4 exercises later i would be dead. also, doing skull crushers before close grip bench and then doing squats forget about it. glad it works for you but way too much in 1 day for me. I know without even attempting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    i could never survive all that in 1 day myself. After benching 1st then doing shoulders 4 exercises later i would be dead. also, doing skull crushers before close grip bench and then doing squats forget about it. glad it works for you but way too much in 1 day for me. I know without even attempting it.
    Ya know..I think it all comes down to what your body gets adjusted to doing..Look at some of the old school guy like the Blonde Bomber(DAVE DRAPER). HE STILL TRAINS 2 HOURS EACH SESSION...He's 60 and still look good..

Thread Information