Hans is offline Associate Member

Wrist pinching pain

Grabbed some 75 lb dumbbells for some shoulder shrugs this evening and immediately felt a pinch on the inside of my right wrist when I grabbed the dumbbell off the rack. Waited a minute, tried to pick it up again, same pinching pain occured. Minute later, grabbed some 50 lb dumbbells and picked them up and was doing shrugs no problem without the wrist pain, completed 4 sets. The weight is not an issue as I have the strength, but something to note is that I do have very skinny wrists. I've used 75 lbs before, dont understand the pain. At any rate, is this a common area and pain...inside of the wrist, below the meat of the thumb? Should I use wrist wraps now that i'm using heavier weight or what can be done to minimize this pain?

bump...anyone?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    nerves dude, I get it on reverse grip cable curls for biceps on one side right in my elbow area...fuggin hurts.

will wrist wraps help?

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Try using some wrist straps and strap onto the dumbell. Schiek makes the best straps in my opinion. They are $25 if I remember correctly and they are wonderful for shrugs, pullups, lat pulldowns and many other things

Schiek? Will check it out and try for Monday's shoulder day, thanks bro

Can't find any gloves that have the wrist support with the wraps built in. Hunted three stores closeby that specialize in sporting goods including Musclemag, everybody is sold out or only sells separate wraps with separate gloves with wrost supoprt, I know they come as a 3 in 1 type product. Went to the gym today and felt that pain again on my 2nd set of shoulders and walked out of the gym upset to say the least and really in need of these....Any websites that anybody knows of to purchase online?

Thread Information