NewlyDesigned is offline Junior Member

Increasing My Bench

Well Ive been working out now for a good 3 months and have seen improvement in everything except my bench and was wondering if its the exercises im doing. When I started my bench was 140 and right now its only about 165. Im 16 5'11 165 pounds. The exercises I do are flat bench, incline bench, decline bench and crossovers. I only work my chest once a week ( is that enough ) and every few weeks or so I switch to dumbbells instead of barbell. I think I get enough protein as i should but since i dont keep track of my diet im not sure. I eat like 4 eggs in the morning, a couple turkey or tuna sandwiches through the day, some ham or chicken or hamburgers at supper and then another piece of chicken etc that night. I dont take any suppliments as of yet but plan on doing a little research and taking some in the near future. Anyway if any of you could give me a little advice itd be greta.
    Forgot to add that I do 3 sets for each exercise and they are 10/8/6 reps with increasing weight
    Last edited by NewlyDesigned; 07-04-2005 at 04:42 PM.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    try max effort/periodization it works great

also do things like close grip benches, rack lockouts, floor presses, board presses, try some speed work, and do alot of tricep work.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    16 eh??? The age minimum is 18 here...

chest6 is offline Banned
    squatman..sounds like a powerlifting approach there....but i guess he did ask for strength gains...so those would def. work

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    what you have is good, youve only been lifting for 3 months, dont expect for everything to skyrocket. it takes awhile. in your first year you could just do flat bench and incline, and be fine, you need to build the chest muscle first, then add in declines and stuff. just give it time, and you'll get there, and keep eating!

zoso428 is offline Associate Member
    go to failure..i used to do that 10/8/6 garbage didnt see real results till i went till failure...get a spotter and really concentrate on tearing your chest apart.......

Thread Information