_Tiger_ is offline Member

Question what do the big/lean boys think of this..

Ok so I'm fairly lean right now. I'd like to gain straight lean mass and shred those last few lbs i dont need (yea who doesnt?) .I dont wanna be ronnie coleman. I just want to be a bit bigger and really defined.

Anyway, for you lean/bigger guys..I read this article about full body workouts helping make you a lot leaner..For a guy who doesnt want to look like a pro builder, is this something that makes sense? I've been doing workouts like

day1 Chest/Biceps
    day2 abs
    day3 thighs
    day4 abs
    day5 shoulders tris
    day6 abs
    day7 rest
    day8 back calves

and its been working ok, but i'm really not AS lean as i would like to be..i'd like some opinions on this

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    Ok so I'm fairly lean right now. I'd like to gain straight lean mass and shred those last few lbs i dont need (yea who doesnt?) .I dont wanna be ronnie coleman. I just want to be a bit bigger and really defined.

Anyway, for you lean/bigger guys..I read this article about full body workouts helping make you a lot leaner..For a guy who doesnt want to look like a pro builder, is this something that makes sense? I've been doing workouts like

day1 Chest/Biceps
    day2 abs
    day3 thighs
    day4 abs
    day5 shoulders tris
    day6 abs
    day7 rest
    day8 back calves

and its been working ok, but i'm really not AS lean as i would like to be..i'd like some opinions on this
    Ok sean, as you are relatively new to training I would recommend that you do something more basic you will respond good to a 3 day week for now using big basic i midrange movements if its muscle you want this is the way to go.

Some things remember,,
    1.less is more when training keep the sets low train hard then get out of the gym you grow when your out of the gym not training
    2.Sleep sleep and sleep 8-9 hours a night this is when you will grow
    3.you must squat and dead lift if you want arm and overall body growth
    4.(overlapping body parts, you do all the time when training benching works chest, shoulders, and triceps, not just chest, this is the case with biceps and back, so if you split them up keep them away from each other.
    5. P.W.N post workout nutrition you must do this WRIGHT look to the diet forum.
    6. Always add weight As long as you progress your body always has stimulation to grow small amounts each week 1kg or so you must do this!..
    7. Bulking or cutting its one or the other, not both at once..

I would recommend a routine like this for now…

1chest shoulder triceps
    2Off
    3Legs
    4Off
    5Back biceps

Exercises I would recommend using
    (Chest) flat incline, decline, (triceps) skull krushers, close grips, seated extensions, dips
    (Back) dead lifts rows pull-ups
    (Shoulders) laterals d/b press
    (Legs) squats leg press leg ex,,

And bro, don’t worry about getting to big, me nor you will ever be coleman lol

So in terms of you getting leaner and shedding those last few pound of fat this is probably not what you want,, but its what I recommend as adding muscle will make you look leaner....While maintaining b/f..
    Last edited by S.P.G; 07-09-2005 at 09:08 AM.

Thread Information