NewlyDesigned is offline Junior Member

Muscle Formation

Hey I was just wondering If there was an exercise to add muslce to the outside of my bicep rather then the inside. Right now I have more mass on the inside of my bicep ( near my chest rather then the outside near my back.) Could this be because of the way I lift. Anyway, thanks a lot. Anyhelp on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    your wrist plays some part in this, if your holding your wrist straght and/or facing towards your chest for the most part (usually what happens) then yes that will make the insides bigger..and they are bigger naturally, try lighter weights and rotate your wrist the other way and you will feel a burn in the outers

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Do WIDE grip straight bar curls and hammer curls to cure this problem.

Trust me, it WILL help!

Well, if you do them CONSISTENTLY and you do them CORRECTLY.

Have to add that in, of course, because I see people with horrid form every time I enter a gym and it's no wonder they never change.

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by NewlyDesigned
    Hey I was just wondering If there was an exercise to add muslce to the outside of my bicep rather then the inside. Right now I have more mass on the inside of my bicep ( near my chest rather then the outside near my back.) Could this be because of the way I lift. Anyway, thanks a lot. Anyhelp on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    hay bro, are you referring to the Brachioradialis, that runs down the side of your arm, that separates the bic,and tris, if so you can work this area by using a exercise that draws power from the forearms hammer curls for example, or you can work that area by using a E.Z, bar, with your wrists slightly turned in this will hit that area well…

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    hammers and reverse (overhand) curls hit the brach.

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    hammers and reverse (overhand) curls hit the brach.
    Yep.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    I think he's not talking about the brachs. He probably sees the split in his biceps and noticed that the outer head looked smaller than his inside head. Altho swole suggested wide grip barbell curls, I think I'll go against this as I personally feel them in the inner bicep. To hit the outer bicep, altho they are not mass exercises, concentration curls will do the trick. EZ bar curls using the closer grip helps too.

If you want, you can always take a look at this:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exercise1.htm

Scroll down to the "Huge Guns" section and see for yourself which exercises help the part you want to target.

Hope I helped a bit.

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Do WIDE grip straight bar curls and hammer curls to cure this problem.

Trust me, it WILL help!

Well, if you do them CONSISTENTLY and you do them CORRECTLY.

Have to add that in, of course, because I see people with horrid form every time I enter a gym and it's no wonder they never change.

~SC~
    I'll try those after my back workout

I already do straight bar curls, and when they're done properly without using your shoulders they hurt like hell

I'll do 3 sets normal grip, and 3 sets wide grip

Thanks bro

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    He, IMO, is referring to the lateral head of the biceps. The best exercise to isolate the lateral head, if my memory serves me right, is the incline hammer curl. With the neutral grip and pre-stretching of the lateral head, you should feel a good pump in this area. The upper arm is behind the torso, which give it a prestretch. Just be careful because it can stress the rotator cuff, if you don't have sufficient flexibility.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think his talking bout brachs
    but in general the outside biceps is not as filled out as his inner bicep

Thread Information